Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Card Questions - $20.00 discount, cash advances and gas

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart Card Questions - $20.00 discount, cash advances and gas

I applied online and was approved ($600.00). They mention the $20.00 credit for the first purchase of $100.00 or more on the card. For those of you that have received this, does it have to be done the day it's approved or can you get it when you first use the card. The things that I would get (household and Summer clothes), those wouldn't be things that I'd purchase online.

Also, was reading their site - $60 quick cash in $20 increments when you make a purchase with your Walmart Credit Card at Walmart-owned registers in Walmart stores. Limit one per day. This cash advance will appear on your monthly billing statement like a purchase. 

Is this $60.00 per statement? One per day seems to be $20.00 per day.

And last, how do I find out which stations accept the Walmart card for gas purchases?

Thanks for the info! 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Card Questions - $20.00 discount, cash advances and gas

You have the store card, not Walmart Discover right?

Store card is only accepted at Walmart Gas pump. Cash over feature is limited to $60 per day.

Message 2 of 6
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

It's $60 per day and you have a limit on how much cash you can get advanced without paying it back, Its reporteed on your statements

Available Credit $1,498
Cash Advance/Quick Cash Limit $200

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 3 of 6
jsucool76
Super Contributor

The $20.00 credit is only day of approval, however, if you have a walmart account that you used during the app (if you applied online) you'll notice there is a temporary payment account added, so if you have something you want to purchase that you can purchase online you can get the discount that way. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it's the regular Walmart card. Just did a search for gas stations.  Not many around my area. Just one and I never go by it.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used my card for the first time tonight. Just grabbed a few household things and tried out the cash option. You can take up to $60.00.  Does anyone know if doing this once in awhile counts against you when it comes time for a CLI.  They list is seperate on the receipt as cash back. I guess there is no interest like it would be if it was a Visa/MC cash advance. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.