Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Card Worth it?

tag
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

Walmart Card Worth it?

My wife and I have 10 CCs between us so we really don't need any more, but I got an offer for a Wal-Mart card and the free Fico score caught my attention. Is it worth it to get this card? Which FICO number do they give you? Can having too many cards hurt your credit?

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Walmart Card Worth it?

@KeithW wrote:

My wife and I have 10 CCs between us so we really don't need any more, but I got an offer for a Wal-Mart card and the free Fico score caught my attention. Is it worth it to get this card? Which FICO number do they give you? Can having too many cards hurt your credit?

Gives you TU fico

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 7
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@KeithW wrote:

My wife and I have 10 CCs between us so we really don't need any more, but I got an offer for a Wal-Mart card and the free Fico score caught my attention.

Is it worth it to get this card?  IMO yes if just for the score

Which FICO number do they give you? TU Fico score....not exactly sure but I think TU04???

Can having too many cards hurt your credit?  Some creditors have used a denial reason as having too much available credit.  I have over 20 TL's ranging in CL's from $250 to $22K and I haven't had any problems with it.  It's just that some creditors are more sensitive than others, however with 10 between the both of you, getting a Wally card won't hurt you.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 3 of 7
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

• Free TU score each month
    • Save 0.15cent gas for each gallon at Murphy gas station ( 4%)
    • Easy to qualify and CLI nearly everyday jk ( 3 months CLI)

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

The Walmart FICO is TU'08.

I picked it up for CLI chasing with GE; but I have to admit the FICO is nice, it's nearly as legitimate as possible to track your credit worthiness against for everything other than a mortgage.

        
Message 5 of 7
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

Yes, free TU score, CLI's every 4 months (and usually generous ones at that) with a soft pull, you can get a cash back when you are paying at the register (up to a certain amount per month and only up to $60 each time) and don't they offer 0% financing on things like TV's and stuff?  I like my Walmart cc.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 6 of 7
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@KeithW wrote:

I only got the Walmart card for the free FICO, so yes, IMO it is well worth it.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.