Did you mean: 

Walmart Card as Second Card?

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Card as Second Card?

@rootpooty wrote:

congrats.  

Eh I dont care much for cap one.  If you dont mind the 3 hp's I would say go for it but be prepared for a low limit card for life.

Where do you shop more walmart or amazon?

You have the discover card which means you can use it anywhere that accepts discover and not just at walmart.

I think amazon and walmart have the same criteria.  I apped for both in the same day within 10 min

Hahah! This is so true! Cap One pulls all 3 credit reports at the time of your app and gives you a seriously low limit...$500 to $750 and then you're done. Lol.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 31 of 35
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Walmart Discover approval! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 32 of 35
dhon55
Contributor

Thanks everyone.

I was risky, as you might note from my new signature... and I went ahead and applied for both the GE Amazon and the Capital One Student Journey.  I know I'll probably regret the CapOne down the road, but I just wanted to get some accounts open while I was at it with the inquiries.

I'll garden with these for a year, and try my hand at the big names (Chase, Discover, Citi, etc.) or whatever may be next year once these inquiries all fall off. Smiley Happy

Goal Scores: 720+ (Experian Lender Pull 09/13): 733; Discover TU (01/14): 751; Walmart TU08 (02/14): 754;
WF Platinum (10/12) $1,600; WM Discover (12/12) $5,500; Amazon GE (12/12) $2,500; CapOne Quicksilver (12/12) $750; Discover IT (01/13) $1,000; Chase Amazon (02/13) $2,500; Citi Forward Student (02/13) $2,000; AMEX BCE (09/13) $15,000
Message 33 of 35
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@dhon55 wrote:

Thanks everyone.

I was risky, as you might note from my new signature... and I went ahead and applied for both the GE Amazon and the Capital One Student Journey.  I know I'll probably regret the CapOne down the road, but I just wanted to get some accounts open while I was at it with the inquiries.

I'll garden with these for a year, and try my hand at the big names (Chase, Discover, Citi, etc.) or whatever may be next year once these inquiries all fall off. Smiley Happy

congrats to your successes!!!

Message 34 of 35
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@dhon55 wrote:

Thanks everyone.

Congrats on the Discover card!

Okay so what happened with Cap1?

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.