Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Credit Card Cash Monthly Limit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart Credit Card Cash Monthly Limit?

I've been testing the cash back option of my new Walmart card when I make purchases. I've taken $60.00 twice and chose that option again during tonight's purchase. The items went through but the cash back was declined. I wonder if they have a max amount or max % of the credit limit monthly?

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart Credit Card Cash Monthly Limit?

yea its $200.00. i found out the same way you did lol. i was using the cash back feature instead of making trips to the bank or atm but i didnt know it had such a low limit. The only way i found out was by calling GE becuase it didnt state that i had a cash limit anywhere on the paperwork

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 54
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Yup, the monthly cash limit is $200 for me too. It's indicated on your monthly bill. I wonder if it's possible to have a higher cash limit.
Message 3 of 54
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

FYI, my credit limit is 10k on my Walmart Discover card.
Message 4 of 54
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

I was going to suggest maybe having a higher CL would result in a higher cash back limit but this has disproven my theory Smiley Tongue 

Maybe if you call and sweet talk them they'll up it. 

Message 5 of 54
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@kevinjjc wrote:

I was going to suggest maybe having a higher CL would result in a higher cash back limit but this has disproven my theory Smiley Tongue 

Maybe if you call and sweet talk them they'll up it. 

i tried lol, the rep kept telling me that the Cash adv. Limit is based on your current overall CL but obviously not.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kevinjjc wrote:

Hum... after reading that you have a $200. limit on a $10k card I decided to give them a call.  My CL is $600.00 and I was told that my monthly cash limit is $120.00. I questioned what the limit is based on and she said that it's a percentage of the CL. Comes out to 20% for me. It doesn't seem to be like that for everyone. Or maybe based on a percentage of the CL up to $200.00?

Message 7 of 54
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Sounds like we need more input regarding each person's credit limit and their cash limit.
Message 8 of 54
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Did some research, if you look at your statements in pdf form you can see CL and cash back limits.  here are mine over the last 9 months. 

CL $1700 

Cash back limit $200

a few months back I had

CL $1000

Cash back limit $180

and further back 

CL $900

Cash Back limit $180 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 9 of 54
tray
Valued Contributor

I think the highest is probably only $200.00 for the walmart card cash withdrawal, my limit is  only $200.00 for cash withdrawal and my total cl with my regular walmart card is $5,700.00.  I have a sams discover card and I have to check on that card to see the cash withdrawal monthly on that one??

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 10 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.