cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Credit Card Cash Monthly Limit?

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Credit Card Cash Monthly Limit?

@Anonymous wrote:

It seems like there is no set % of a credit line or a set number for a monthly max cash back. The numbers are all over the place.  

I also thought that banks frowned apon getting cash back or taking a cash advance.  Doesn't seem like it matter here.

I saw a pattern but too tired to work out the math,  their is a minimum they give out, and then you get a precent of your credit line up to 200 rounded to the nearest $20, unless you have the discover version where its up to a max of $400.  which maxes sense since you can take up to $100 per transaction. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 21 of 54
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

It seems like your cash limit has more to do with how long you've been a cardmember instead of your credit limit.
Message 22 of 54
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It seems like there is no set % of a credit line or a set number for a monthly max cash back. The numbers are all over the place.  

I also thought that banks frowned apon getting cash back or taking a cash advance.  Doesn't seem like it matter here.

I saw a pattern but too tired to work out the math,  their is a minimum they give out, and then you get a precent of your credit line up to 200 rounded to the nearest $20, unless you have the discover version where its up to a max of $400.  which maxes sense since you can take up to $100 per transaction

Mine doesn't fit your pattern, as I only have the store card and my quick cash limit is over $300, with a max of $60 per transaction last time I used it.

Message 23 of 54
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

Here's an update for you guys. Today I got a CLI on my Walmart Store card through an underwriter to $10,000. I was told my cashback limit is $1,110, with a $60 limit within 24 hours. That is approximately 11% of my CL.

Message 24 of 54
orl2185
Established Contributor

Walmart Discover....

Current Balance* :$0.00 
Minimum Payment Due :$0.00 
Payment Due Date :09/25/2012 

Available Credit* :$9,800.00 
Available For Cash Advance* :$917.00 
Total Credit Limit :$9,800.00
Message 25 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great credits lines for a store card! 

Another question about the cash back feature, is the amount that your allowed per month or, per credit line.  My CL is $600. $120 for a cash advances. Say I take the full $120. the first month then make the minimum monthly payment ($30.00?), what becomes available for cash back?   Just trying to figure out how this works.

Message 26 of 54
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Just tried mine for first time. I've had card for a week and my credit limit is $1800. I took out $100 and have $360 available for cash advances.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 54
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

My limit is $4600, limit for quick cash/cash advance is $920 (per my last statement). 

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 28 of 54
lithium78
Established Contributor

My CL on my Walmart Discover is $2000 and the cash limit is $400.  I used this feature when I moved to another state several years ago and it really is very useful.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 29 of 54
Det_Busa

Do you remember how long it was before they upgraded you to the Walmart Discover?
Message 30 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.