Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Credit Card. =(

tag
jpnelly
Valued Member

Re: Walmart Credit Card. =(

My Walmart Discover has grown from $1800 to $8000 in just less than a year.

Message 11 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Raiders1 wrote:

Thanks everyone. I guess I'll keep the card and request CLI every 4 months. Will it go into my credit report as a Credit Card or a Store Card?

It will report as a credit card.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 16
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@Raiders1 wrote:

So I've been fixing my credit for the last two months and I decided I needed a new credit card to continue to build credit. I finally decided to apply for the Walmart credit card, mostly because I read that it's easier to get approved and because they give you your TU FICO monthly. I was hoping to get the Walmart Discover with at least $1K CL. I now feel insulted because they instantly approved me for the WM Card (not Discover) with $150 CL. Really $150? They should have just denied me.

I currently have a Cap1 Secured with $500 CL, one WFargo card that was closed four years ago PIF and no lates. My baddies are 2 Collections w/ $700 total, and a 5 year old paid charge off on an auto loan.

I feel like calling them and telling them to not even send me the card and closing the account. Should I? Or do I keep it and hope they increase my CL?

I feel your pain!!!  I had a similar experience with another unrelated credit card (Macy's) that started me off with a $100 cl.  I was outraged! LOL!!!  Thankfully it did not stay there.  As far as Walmart, it does grow with you.  I haven't had the leaps and bounds as some others on here, but I have had one CLI of a modest $100, but I believe the next one will be more...*fingers crossed*  Hang in there! It will grow!Smiley Happy

Slowly building....
Message 13 of 16
wreith
Frequent Contributor

I got my walmart card with a 300 CL, after a couple months I called, thanks to this site and got it doubled to 600, so it will grow just be patient.  Two more months and I'll try for a CLI again, hopefully I'll break 1K.

01/06/2015 Walmart TU 726
01/06/2015MyFico EQ 705
01/10/2014 USAA FAKO EX 728, EQ 728, TU 728
Discover It $1700, USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $11K, USAA Rewards Platinum MC $12K, CareCredit $13.2K, Chase Freedom $5000, Walmart $4500, Lowes $9800, QVC $1200, HSN $2350, Macys Red Star Store $2900, Paypal smart connect $4022, VS Angelcard $1200, Amazon Store $2500, BCE $4K, Sam's Club Discover $8500, Home Depot $7200, FNBO AMEX $7800
Message 14 of 16
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

@Raiders1 wrote:

So I've been fixing my credit for the last two months and I decided I needed a new credit card to continue to build credit. I finally decided to apply for the Walmart credit card, mostly because I read that it's easier to get approved and because they give you your TU FICO monthly. I was hoping to get the Walmart Discover with at least $1K CL. I now feel insulted because they instantly approved me for the WM Card (not Discover) with $150 CL. Really $150? They should have just denied me.

I currently have a Cap1 Secured with $500 CL, one WFargo card that was closed four years ago PIF and no lates. My baddies are 2 Collections w/ $700 total, and a 5 year old paid charge off on an auto loan.

I feel like calling them and telling them to not even send me the card and closing the account. Should I? Or do I keep it and hope they increase my CL?

Looking at your siggy, you would need to bring your scores WAY up before getting approved for the Discover version. They almost exclusively pull TU. If you post a question in here before you apply for a card, you will get some pretty honest and helpful info, most of the time little surprise upon approval/denial. 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 15 of 16
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Jpnelly, did you start with the Wmt Discover?!?

*jealous*
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.