cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Credit Card

Established Member

Walmart Credit Card

I got approved on store credit today. i think it's a store credti. It's saying $300 limit but I'm confuse if this

is only for online shopping. 

 

I applied online a month after I purchase a snow boots for $15.00 online.


Starting Score FICO SCORE 8: Equifax 605, TU 609, Experian 620, Bankruptcy November 9, 2011 (Discharge Date)
Rebuilding. In my wallet CAP1 @ $300 now $500 after 6 months, Cap1 @ $300, Synchrony/Old Navy, Walmart @ $200 Auto loan - $25K @ $490/month, school loan $20K, 4 hard inquiry
Goal Score: 700



Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Credit Card


aissa_sf wrote:

I got approved on store credit today. i think it's a store credti. It's saying $300 limit but I'm confuse if this

is only for online shopping. 

 

I applied online a month after I purchase a snow boots for $15.00 online.


if you applied at the store you will eventually get the card in the mail in about 7 business days. The same card is used for online shopping at walmart.com.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 2 of 13
Moderator Emerita

Re: Walmart Credit Card


dodgerslv wrote:

aissa_sf wrote:

I got approved on store credit today. i think it's a store credti. It's saying $300 limit but I'm confuse if this

is only for online shopping. 

 

I applied online a month after I purchase a snow boots for $15.00 online.


if you applied at the store you will eventually get the card in the mail in about 7 business days. The same card is used for online shopping at walmart.com.


+1

 

Now off to the garden. Give your scores time to grow, get your util down, inq's to fall off and let your bk age. 

 

Walmart CL will grow and you will see an increase in your score. 

Message 3 of 13
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart Credit Card

You can use it online and in the store.


DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 4 of 13
Established Member

Re: Walmart Credit Card

Thanks guys!!!


Starting Score FICO SCORE 8: Equifax 605, TU 609, Experian 620, Bankruptcy November 9, 2011 (Discharge Date)
Rebuilding. In my wallet CAP1 @ $300 now $500 after 6 months, Cap1 @ $300, Synchrony/Old Navy, Walmart @ $200 Auto loan - $25K @ $490/month, school loan $20K, 4 hard inquiry
Goal Score: 700



Message 5 of 13
Highlighted
Mega Contributor

Re: Walmart Credit Card

CONGRATS!!!!



EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 13
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Walmart Credit Card

Can I ask what type of BK you had? I am very interested in a Walmart card and trying to gather info while I wait to apply Smiley Happy Seems like 2yrs is a sweet spot for them.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
730 EQ FICO 11/2017
750 TU FICO 11/2017
735 EX FICO 11/2017
$20k NFCU Platinum | $25k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE
Message 7 of 13
Established Member

Re: Walmart Credit Card

i think my BK is just because of repossession and other miscellaneous stuff.. no mortgage though and no major credit cards. tr5ying to avoid school loan payment and it was hard time for me. But you should be able to get approve. Try to do it online. I think with your credit score you'll be okay.


Starting Score FICO SCORE 8: Equifax 605, TU 609, Experian 620, Bankruptcy November 9, 2011 (Discharge Date)
Rebuilding. In my wallet CAP1 @ $300 now $500 after 6 months, Cap1 @ $300, Synchrony/Old Navy, Walmart @ $200 Auto loan - $25K @ $490/month, school loan $20K, 4 hard inquiry
Goal Score: 700



Message 8 of 13
Mega Contributor

Re: Walmart Credit Card


Scupra wrote:

Can I ask what type of BK you had? I am very interested in a Walmart card and trying to gather info while I wait to apply Smiley Happy Seems like 2yrs is a sweet spot for them.


You may want to give it 6 more months to gain some more history on your current cards and raise your FICO some. GE is BK friendly but 620 is borderline for approval and a recent BK isn't helping.

 




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 13
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart Credit Card

+1 to the garden. 

Let those hard inquiries drop off while you work out the baddies. 

If you do and get both taken care of, by the time the inq fall away you should sitting pretty. 

Remember keep your util down so when you exit the garden you will not need to really buy the balances down. 

 

Smiley Happy


NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 10 of 13