Walmart Credit Card

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Walmart Credit Card

@CruzImperial wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:
@CruzImperial,

How did you register your card online? I never got an email or anything, and I made this mistake of closing out the acceptance window without reading everything.

You need to have your card in hand. It took 7 business days for me to get it hehe and don´t forget to accept the electronic statements as it´s a required to see your score.

That's what I thought. I just misunderstood your post Smiley Tongue 

Another question, it says you save $20 on your first purchase of $100 or more with your walmart store or discover card if you make the purchase the day you open your account when you apply online or in store. Obviously if you apply online you can't make a purchase the day you "open" your account, so do they do it the day you activate your card or something? 

Message 31 of 83
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

My Daughter who is in college applied for this card yesterday and was approved for the WM Discover with a $2500 CL... This is a higher CL then I got when I first applied! LOL

Stated income, $15k per year.

She has:

USAA MC: $300

Discover: $1000

Target: $700

She was an AU on my Zync when I had one. 

It will be interesting to see her score when we get this set up. I am thinking she is about 750 across the board.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 32 of 83
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

I was not aware of the $20 offer when i activated ny card but will call to see what they have to say.

Ray thats a nice limit. Congrats!!
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 33 of 83
tboy1977
Regular Contributor

OK, somebody help me, because I was declined and I WANT THIS CARD:

I called last night and was told to wait til end of the month and go into the store to apply for card again.  If denied, the credit underwriter can assist.  Why couldn't he help me last night?

Anyway, I called again today and the rep told me to send a letter with a credit report and they will respond withing 2 to 3 billing cycles (60 to 90 days).  **bleep**!!!!!!

Why do I want this card so bad?  The cheap gas (It's 3.74 a gallon by my apartment and 3.23 at Sam's in Gwinnett; with Walmart card that makes it 3.18, no?).   Plus, it's burning me up to be declined for something many people seem to get easily. 

Starting scores: EQ 420, EX 421, TU 405 (Jan 2011)
Bk Ch 7 Discharged Mar 2011
Current scores: Julty 2019: TU - 655, EX - 619, EQ - 640
FICO Dream Scores: EQ 700+, EX 700+, TU 700+

Credit accounts: 22% APR auto loan (Mar 2017), Secured [Coke (4000), Discover (1000)], Unsecured [CreditOne $1500, Walmart $150, Target $200], World Finance: $1500, Courtesy Finance: $700, Speedy Finance: $1200 (charged-off)
Message 34 of 83
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Cruz

It says it in extremely tiny print at thr bottom of the "special offers" page. It also says it on the pamphlets at the store.
Message 35 of 83
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@CruzImperial wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:
@CruzImperial,

How did you register your card online? I never got an email or anything, and I made this mistake of closing out the acceptance window without reading everything.

You need to have your card in hand. It took 7 business days for me to get it hehe and don´t forget to accept the electronic statements as it´s a required to see your score.

That's what I thought. I just misunderstood your post Smiley Tongue 

Another question, it says you save $20 on your first purchase of $100 or more with your walmart store or discover card if you make the purchase the day you open your account when you apply online or in store. Obviously if you apply online you can't make a purchase the day you "open" your account, so do they do it the day you activate your card or something? 

like already mentioned several replies back. Once approved your new card is then added as a temporary payment method to be used directly after gettingapproved. So you can use it right after to apply to get the $20 back on a $100 purchase. I didn't need/want anything so I just skipped it. 

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 36 of 83
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@tboy1977 wrote:

OK, somebody help me, because I was declined and I WANT THIS CARD:

I called last night and was told to wait til end of the month and go into the store to apply for card again.  If denied, the credit underwriter can assist.  Why couldn't he help me last night?

Anyway, I called again today and the rep told me to send a letter with a credit report and they will respond withing 2 to 3 billing cycles (60 to 90 days).  **bleep**!!!!!!

Why do I want this card so bad?  The cheap gas (It's 3.74 a gallon by my apartment and 3.23 at Sam's in Gwinnett; with Walmart card that makes it 3.18, no?).   Plus, it's burning me up to be declined for something many people seem to get easily. 

tboy1977  its going to take a while GE is a great bank but they probably aren't going to give you credit with sub 500 scores,  and its even worse for you since they mainly pull TU scores, yours is reported in your signature as 411... you have a long way to go, manage your credit you have keep UTL low, make payments on time.   Clean up anything you can on your credit reports. Time and on-time payments heals most credit problems... 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 37 of 83
tboy1977
Regular Contributor

I just don't understand why it's so LOW!!  After the bankruptcy, I've managed everything well.  My only flaw that I see is my CCs balances are high, but I've been paying and the reports should start to reflect that starting next month.  I guess I'm more depressed because I've read people having multiple collections and crap CURRENTLY and scores in the 500s.  UGH!!!

The report said I had multiple accounts 30+ days delinquent.  Also had I had collections or accounts more than 60 days past due.  The only negative on TU (I pulled the report last night) is HSBC (a secured CC I got up to 5K but lost in the financial madness of '08 to '09).  The Verizon Wireless was in bankruptcy as well.  But it's last reporting date is Nov 2009, zero balance.  It's in the bankruptcy.  So what gives?

If I could get a manual review, I feel like we could go over everything together.......Can they see a different TU can what I pull?

Credit accounts: 22% APR auto loan (Mar 2017), Secured [Coke (4000), Discover (1000)], Unsecured [CreditOne $1500, Walmart $150, Target $200], World Finance: $1500, Courtesy Finance: $700, Speedy Finance: $1200 (charged-off)
Message 38 of 83
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Did the letter specifically say those were your reasons for denial? Some letters are a little misleading, they'll say things like "Key factors that impact your credit score negatively" but those aren't necessarily your reasons for denial on that specific card. 

Message 39 of 83
tboy1977
Regular Contributor

The letter says:

HIGHEST RATIO OF REVOLVING BALANCE TO CREDIT LIMIT IS TOO HIGH
ACCOUNTS IN
COLLECTION OR 60 DAYS PAST DUE OR ADVERSE PUBLIC RECORDS
AVERAGE RATIO OF
REVOLVING BALANCES TO CREDIT LIMITS IS TOO HIGH
HIGH RATIO ACCOUNTS 30+ DAYS
PAST DUE TO ACCOUNTS OPENED 3+ MONTHS

Of the list of reasons, the first one is the only valid one (my CCs are still kind of high because of my move up here, but that will start to report better by next month). The rest is BS.

Message 40 of 83
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.