cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart DC to MC conversion, new trade line or not?

tag
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Walmart DC to MC conversion, new trade line or not?

The closest example I can think of this is Macy's.  If you get the Macy's upgrade, you get a new opening date for the AMEX line.  However, at one time, Macy's offered a Visa.  Does anyone have experience with Macy's transition from Visa to AMEX?

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 11 of 18
fot1
Established Contributor

We just need to watch how the Sams clubs start reporting.. Should give us a month or two heads up... I will be very upset if I get saddled with the 3 tradelines from Walmart in a 14-16 month period..

Too many to list..
Message 12 of 18
rom828
Established Contributor

When both my Walmart and Old Navy store cards upgraded to Discover and Visa respectively, they reported as new TLs even though I'd been told prior by CSR that they would not, so I am certainly  skeptical about being told Discover to MC switch won;'t result in new trade line.

Few years ago Kroger 123 changed banks from RSB to US Bank and began reporting as new tradeline.  Quite a few posts about it on this forum.  Took about 6 mnths but after consumer outcry (mine included!!) they finally started reporting with original open date.

Guess all we can do is wait and see.....with fingers crossed!!

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 13 of 18
gnarlycow
Valued Member

Thanks everyone! I just closed my Walmart Discover.. Don't want to deal with possibilities and I don't use the card anyway. Very poor rewards structure

I got it solely for monthly FICO scores but now Discover and Barclays have the same feature

Message 14 of 18
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Thanks for taking the time to talk to the Walmart Rep. Good to know that the Tradeline will not change on Age of Account.

Message 15 of 18
Ubuntu
Regular Contributor

The only somewhat similar situation I've seen was when Chase changed an account from MC to Visa. In that case the account number changed but the open date didn't. Since that was a Chase bank card and not a partner card that probably doesn't mean anything in your case. Hopefully you won't have any issues.

Message 16 of 18
fot1
Established Contributor

Got first report of the new Sams club reporting and not reporting as a new TL.. looks good so far..

Too many to list..
Message 17 of 18
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Good to Hear. Thanks for the Info.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.