Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Discover Approval

tag
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

Re: Walmart Discover Approval

Congrats on the approval! 

I recently logged into my WM store card and had a preapproval for the WM Discover.  I accepted and received a CL increase at the same time.

I have the card in hand but haven't activated it yet.  Rewards are sub par compared to other cash back cards, but it sure looks better with the Discover Network logo on it versus the store card.

Message 11 of 14
PetRaccoon
New Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@PetRaccoon wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

I would say at least 680+ FICO to get it. Discover is very conservative as they told me after they declined me for their prestigious card Smiley Mad

Have to wonder why they kept sending me pre-approvals when I had no fico score..

Might be like Citi sending me prime card preapprovals, a trap Smiley Very Happy

I guess I have to admit, I'm pretty lucky..

My first card is a Prime card, and I recently got two more..

But then again the relationship banker put a note on my application when I first applied at HSBC the day I hit 18... Dunno what they put down though cause I got approved within two weeks with 0 credit history and score.

Well thats enough of my life story Smiley Frustrated

That Walmart TU Fico makes it tempting, but I really don't need a 4th card of any kind..

TU08:: 754 (4/14) EQ: 745 (6/14) 753 (1/13) Ex: 766 (12/11)
Goal: 800! Then Keep it there and keep growing!~
Card(s): HSBC Premier WMC: 5,000 (7/09), Chase Freedom 6,000 (11/11) BCE 3,200 (12/11) Chase Saph: 5,000 (5/12)
Message 12 of 14
baronofthenorth
New Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@JusdoNit wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@JusdoNit wrote:

Was approved for Walmart Discover with $1800 limit.  Had been preapproved online for the store card with a $700 limit last month, but declined the offer.  Went inside the store and applied and got a slip to call and answer some security questions.  Informed that I had been upgraded to the dual card and with the $1800 limit. Have multiple inquiries.

Congrats!

Their Discover version is a hard one to get.

Really????  I did not know that.  Thanks for the support from you and everyone else.

I would say at least 680+ FICO to get it. Discover is very conservative as they told me after they declined me for their prestigious card Smiley Mad

The Wal-Mart Discover is backed by GE, not Discover Bank.  It processes over the Discover network though.

EQ FICO 695 (4/26/2012)
TU FAKO CK 723
Lender Pulls (for mortgage) 12/03/2012 - 698 EQ, 729 TU, 721 EX
Business Cards: Discover Business Miles and US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards
Personal Cards: Capital One, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon, Wells Fargo Rewards, Amex Zync NPSL, Target, Chevron/Texaco Store Card and VISA, CareCredit
Message 13 of 14
Ron1
Super Contributor

I have had a Walmart store card for over 5 years. I never got any upgrade. I decided to take a chance to apply for Walmart Discover and I got instantly approved for $2200. GE Co-branded Visa/MC/Discover/Amex Cards are harder to get than store cards. I think I got lucky and I was able to get  Walmart Discover, Dillards Amex and ShopNBC MC within a month. 

Ron.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.