Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Discover Approval

tag
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Walmart Discover Approval

Was approved for Walmart Discover with $1800 limit.  Had been preapproved online for the store card with a $700 limit last month, but declined the offer.  Went inside the store and applied and got a slip to call and answer some security questions.  Informed that I had been upgraded to the dual card and with the $1800 limit. Have multiple inquiries.

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Walmart Discover Approval

@JusdoNit wrote:

Was approved for Walmart Discover with $1800 limit.  Had been preapproved online for the store card with a $700 limit last month, but declined the offer.  Went inside the store and applied and got a slip to call and answer some security questions.  Informed that I had been upgraded to the dual card and with the $1800 limit. Have multiple inquiries.

Congrats!

Their Discover version is a hard one to get.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 14
Skinnyminnie
Regular Contributor

That's great to hear!  

Message 3 of 14
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!   Gotta love the TU FICO that comes along with it!  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 4 of 14
dalebb
Valued Contributor

Message 5 of 14
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@JusdoNit wrote:

Congrats!

Really????  I did not know that.  Thanks for the support from you and everyone else.

Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Message 6 of 14
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

@dalebb wrote:

Ok, will do! As soon as I get my card.

Message 7 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@JusdoNit wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@JusdoNit wrote:

Congrats!

Really????  I did not know that.  Thanks for the support from you and everyone else.

I would say at least 680+ FICO to get it. Discover is very conservative as they told me after they declined me for their prestigious card Smiley Mad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 14
PetRaccoon
New Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

I would say at least 680+ FICO to get it. Discover is very conservative as they told me after they declined me for their prestigious card Smiley Mad

Have to wonder why they kept sending me pre-approvals when I had no fico score..

TU08:: 754 (4/14) EQ: 745 (6/14) 753 (1/13) Ex: 766 (12/11)
Goal: 800! Then Keep it there and keep growing!~
Card(s): HSBC Premier WMC: 5,000 (7/09), Chase Freedom 6,000 (11/11) BCE 3,200 (12/11) Chase Saph: 5,000 (5/12)
Message 9 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@PetRaccoon wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Have to wonder why they kept sending me pre-approvals when I had no fico score..

Might be like Citi sending me prime card preapprovals, a trap Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.