Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Discover CL ceiling?

tag
bobebob
Frequent Contributor

Walmart Discover CL ceiling?

With the exception of my Corporate Amex, my Walmart Discover is my smallest CL @ $5800.

It brings down my average credit limit per account.  I'd like to get it up around 10k if I can.

Are there some of you out there that have gotten the Walmart Discover up that high?

how long did it take, and how much of a pain in the arse was it to accomplish?

I started out around $1200, and got to the $5800 with 2 CLI's I asked for.  No auto CLI's.

wondering if its worth the effort.

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
colindidit
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart Discover CL ceiling?

Call underwriting and tell then it's your lowest card and ask them to match it.
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 2 of 11
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

Not sure if the underwriting is the same, but I just got an increase on my Sam's Discover from $6,019 to $10,000. The new Luv button makes it easy. I opened my account in November 2011 with a starting CL of $1,100. I have received nice increases every requested CLI. I did just run $1k thru the card under a special promotion, but other than that the card gets very little use.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 3 of 11
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

I'm personally at 10k on my Walmart Discover, but I've read that there are people on credit forums with 20k limits.

I recon'd my initial credit limit...went from 1,300 to 10,000.

Message 4 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I have a $15,000 limit. Gonna try for $20,000+ in a month. Call GE Credit Solutions!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 11
Scupra
Super Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

I'm personally at 10k on my Walmart Discover, but I've read that there are people on credit forums with 20k limits.

I recon'd my initial credit limit...went from 1,300 to 10,000.

Talk about a recon lol!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 6 of 11
bobebob
Frequent Contributor

I think I'll try talking to the UW directly.  I think last time I just spoke with a first line associate.

I will however wait until my refinance closes.  Just in case they get froggy with a HP.  No need to complicate the refi.

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Message 7 of 11
hammertime
New Contributor

Good idea.  Any CLI that takes you above 10k requires UW  approval.  I just went from  4900 to 7500 via LUV button.

Message 8 of 11
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@bobebob wrote:

I think I'll try talking to the UW directly.  I think last time I just spoke with a first line associate.

I will however wait until my refinance closes.  Just in case they get froggy with a HP.  No need to complicate the refi.

Yeah, call their backdoor # which is listed in the backdoor #'s thread.

No need to wait until after your refi to request a CLI, it's a soft pull. Here's a tip: with GECRB backed cards, it's actually better to recon after normal business hours like late nights and the weekends.

Message 9 of 11
Express
Frequent Contributor

I"ve Pushed the Luv Button and call the backdoor Number in the same week went from 5500 to 10,500

Yes its worth the effort. 

CL $408,200
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.