Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Discover CSR Confusing

tag
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Walmart Discover CSR Confusing

Today i recieved my walmart discover upgrade card and when i activated the card it shows both accounts The walmart discover gives me a limit of 3200 I had to put in my salary while my current card sits at 7000. I read that the walmart discover will replace your current card and that account info and balance will b automatically transferred to your new account. I called and was told that i would have both cards and no accounts will close I ask the csr was this accurate info and he assured me it was. I called again and another csr assured me my walmart card will be closed. I really do love walmart but, this info i am getting is bad. Has anyone experienced this yet. Thank you for your feedback.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Walmart Discover CSR Confusing

Ask the CSR to transfer you to underwriting to have the credit limit from the store card transferred over to your discover card, this can be done. When you are transferred to underwriting ask to speak with a U.S. based lender -- they can perform the transfer. This is, of course, if both accounts are active. Typically an upgrade is going to result in the closure of the store card -- but sometimes these things slip through the system and if Im understanding your situation correctly that could be a big benefit to you. You can even request a portion of the limit be transferred from the store card to the discover if you want. :-)

Message 2 of 19
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Thank you so much i will definitely do that!

Message 3 of 19

You can also try the backdoor lines for the underwriting department, when you go through a CSR they are going to push back on transferring to underwriting so it might be better for you to just call the backdoor line and ask for a U.S. underwriter to avoid the frustration.

Message 4 of 19
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Thank you im talking to him now. Thank you so much!

Message 5 of 19

Hopefully it all works out for you. I dont think you should have any trouble so long as both accounts are still active.

Message 6 of 19
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That is interesting.. Keep us posted!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 7 of 19
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

The u.s. underwriter explained to me that they do not handle transfers only credit limit increases. He put me on hold for 5 mins and came back saying csr handle this. wow 

Message 8 of 19

They will do it, believe me... Ive done it before on several cards issued by the same lender. The exposure with the company is the same regardless of where it lies. For example -- both are walmart cards with a total exposure of $10,200. This means no matter what the risk is the same no matter where the credit limit resides. I would try again until you get the answer you want. You can do this on other GE Capital accounts too -- like Lowes and others. This is only if both cards are active, if the store card is closed because of an upgraded offer, that would mean that the limit or exposure no longer exists, but if both are open you can transfer it around. I would try again. :-)

Message 9 of 19
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Thank you I am trying again on the phone right now i am not giving up.U have been very helpful will keep you posted.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.