Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Discover.. Can't pay?

tag
tvandine
Contributor

Walmart Discover.. Can't pay?

So I login to my walmart cards, my store card is there and my MasterCard, we'll I have the discover, I want to pay it off, we'll I can't do that, how am I supposed to do that. Do I wait for the MasterCard to get here or what, I can't click the MasterCard because it wants the security code on the back of the card I don't have. What's the way around this?

You don't even want to know how many cards i've got....

Credit Started May 31st, 2014 EQ:710|EX:712|TU:732 FICO:726
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Walmart Discover.. Can't pay?

Phone payment?

Pay by Phone

This service is free if you use the automated payment method.  If you choose to have a representative assist you with your bill payment, a $10 service charge will apply.  Please have your checking account information (check number, routing number, etc.) available when calling.  

You can pay by phone with with your debit card or an external credit card using Speedpay. Speedpay charges an additional convenience fee.

Walmart Credit Card: 1-877-294-7880

Walmart Discover Card: 1-866-611-1148

Edit: Let's me into the mastercard page without requiring the security code. 

Message 2 of 9
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Phone payment otherwise if you still have the card cant you go inside a walmart and pay?
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 3 of 9
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Well Said. Your best plan is to pay in store . Your Payment will post that minute on your account too.

Message 4 of 9
atd1970
Regular Contributor

The Discover will completely disappear and be permanently replaced by the Mastercard. this happened to me yesterday, even though the Mastercard has not been mailed. At one stage the account actually showed a Store Card, a Discover, and 2 Mastercards as the conversion was taking place.

The balance will show on the Mastercard and allow you to make a payment.

Message 5 of 9
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

You can also push a payment from your banks Billpay

Message 6 of 9
hilarybanks
Valued Member

I'm having this same issue. I called customer service a couple of weeks ago, but they were of no help. The rep kept repeating a script that was irrelevant to the issue that I was talking about. 

My payment is due on the 12th and the automated system keeps telling me that I have a $0 balance and no payment is due because it is reading only the information from my OLD store card, not my Discover. I have the same problem when I log in. I also have not received the new Mastercard in the mail. This is really annoying. 

Barclay Visa Fin $1500 | Wal-Mart Discover $2000 | AmEx BCE $3000 | Target $3000 | Slate Visa $4800 | Hyatt Visa $5000

Last App: 3/16/2014 (Current FICO 740 per 4/07/14 Barclay FICO)
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you know how much you owe and can pif, do so through Bill Pay from your bank.  If you are not sure about the amount, send at least $40.00 that covers more than the min payment in my memory.

Message 8 of 9
keithbward
Frequent Contributor

I had to do mine over the phone because I was too lazy to get off the couch. It was pretty painless. Posted pretty quickly.

Starting Scores - EX 547 || EQ 541 || TU 538 - 01/21/2014
Current Scores - EX 691 || EQ 628??? || TU 695 - 08/04/2015
Goal Scores - 720 across the board
Current Utilization - 12% and going down
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.