Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Discover Card FICO score

tag
KatherineLee
Valued Member

Walmart Discover Card FICO score

Sorry if this has been covered before - I did try looking.

I know the Walmart card provides a TU08 score once a month, but does it provide any other additional information from the TU report?  Ways to improve score?  Basically, how does it compare to myFICO.com's quarterly monitoring product?

I am thinking of applying for the Walmart Discover card for the FICO score, but I want to know more about what it really gives before I apply.

Also, what are the chances I would get approved for the Walmart Discover over the store card?

Equifax FICO 775 (pulled 7 days ago from myFICO.com)

TU FICO 744 (pulled 2/15/13 from myFICO.com)

Income 25k/year

30k Student loan debt (deferred since in Grad school, but paying $400-500 towards a month).

In my wallet, oldest account 6 years old, youngest is 8 months, AAoA is 2.5 years:

Discover More, 3k

AmEx BCE, 15k    <3

US Bank FlexPerks, 5k

Citibank Mastercard, 2k

Chase Slate, 3k

Kohls, 600

Utilization below 3%.

Inquiries on Equifax and TU, 1 in the past 8 months (unless Chase added one recently). 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Discover Card FICO score

It gives the score (a TU08 model, so it's different than the one you'd get here or the one a mortgage lender would use). Then it gives a brief rundown of factors that are helping or hurt your score. It does NOT give any detail from your credit report.

There's also a graph function so you can track your score from month to month.

Message 2 of 7
danielodonoll
New Contributor

Just the score thats it but i guess thats all you needSmiley Very Happy

Citi Bank X2/ 29k-USAA Amex/Mastercard 24k-PP Mastercard 20k_
WMDiscover 20k-PenFed X2/15k
Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 3 of 7
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

I'm still waiting to be upgrade =\

Oh well, April is coming. Time for another CLI Smiley Very Happy

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 4 of 7
KatherineLee
Valued Member

Just applied for the Walmart Discover card and was approved for 1.2k limit.

Officially entering the garden now.  I have a lot of good cards, and a free monthly TU08 FICO score! Smiley Happy

I felt sort of... dirty applying for this card, though.  They asked for a DL#, which I have never been asked for before.  Shady, shady Walmart card with NO benefits to me other than a FICO score.  Oh well.  I guess I'll wander to Walmart every month or so to get some shampoo or something and run this card. 

Message 5 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@KatherineLee wrote:

Just applied for the Walmart Discover card and was approved for 1.2k limit.

Officially entering the garden now.  I have a lot of good cards, and a free monthly TU08 FICO score! Smiley Happy

I felt sort of... dirty applying for this card, though.  They asked for a DL#, which I have never been asked for before.  Shady, shady Walmart card with NO benefits to me other than a FICO score.  Oh well.  I guess I'll wander to Walmart every month or so to get some shampoo or something and run this card. 

Man thats a low CL for your scores.

try this # 1877 379 8173 and see if they can increase you. Good Luck!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 7
KatherineLee
Valued Member

LS2982 - that number isn't listed as a back door number on the main thread.... Where did you find that number?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.