Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Discover Financial Assistance

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Walmart Discover Financial Assistance

Glad it worked out for you! This should help you get back on your feet.

CreditAddict is obviously well versed in this field. Smiley Tongue
Message 21 of 28
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@blackdust wrote:

I have to the 31st to pay the 220 of pastdue and I will not have a late on my account. Thats good b/c I get my check within 7 days!

Excellent! Looks like it will all work out for you. Just make sure you make that $220 payment and with your new plan as described, you should be able to get back on the right track!

I am happy for you!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 22 of 28
blackdust
Established Member

I just checked my report and my walmart account says the account  is closed with no balance. I guess the closed walmart accunt with no balance is good and bad. Good that 3,000 of debt is not reported bad that I lost 3 year old credit card.

app free since 11/24/12 In Garden Until December 31st 2013
Walmart Discover 3,000 : Meijer 600 : Local Bank Card 500 : Capital One Platinum 500 : Best Buy Reward Zone 400 : Chase Slate 200
Message 23 of 28
Dustink
Valued Contributor

A closed account if reported as in  good standing should remain for around 1o years. All is not lost.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 24 of 28
blackdust
Established Member

Okay. 10 years sounds good. This is just weird.

Walmart Discover 3,000 : Meijer 600 : Local Bank Card 500 : Capital One Platinum 500 : Best Buy Reward Zone 400 : Chase Slate 200
Message 25 of 28
blackdust
Established Member

If I miss a payent with walmart are they going to report a late payment after the fact the account says closed with no balance? Can the credit card companies really post anything they want on my reports?

Message 26 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@blackdust wrote:

If I miss a payent with walmart are they going to report a late payment after the fact the account says closed with no balance? Can the credit card companies really post anything they want on my reports?

If you owe money and they are giving you the break to make payment arrangements and reduced payments and interest and then you don't make payments... they will report the lates if they go late enough and if you go far enough late they will also take that financial help away from you and take your account back to late and no interest or payment reductions... believe me from experience!!

Message 27 of 28
missjae
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@blackdust wrote:

If you owe money and they are giving you the break to make payment arrangements and reduced payments and interest and then you don't make payments... they will report the lates if they go late enough and if you go far enough late they will also take that financial help away from you and take your account back to late and no interest or payment reductions... believe me from experience!!

+1. They can report what they want as long as it's accurate.  Them reporting a 0 bal is a blessing, so keep to the arrangements.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.