cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Discover Second time CLI Approval!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Walmart Discover Second time CLI Approval!!!

I just called to ask for Walmart Discover CLI second time after three months thru the automated system. They increased CL to $6200.

Ron.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Walmart Discover Second time CLI Approval!!!

@Ron1 wrote:

I just called to ask for Walmart Discover CLI second time after three months thru the automated system. They increased CL to $6200.

Ron.

CONGRATS!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 13
kobe2012
Established Contributor

congrats!!! does walmart store card upgrade to walmart  discover??? or should I reapply to get the discover version?

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 3 of 13
Ron1
Super Contributor

@kobe2012 wrote:

congrats!!! does walmart store card upgrade to walmart  discover??? or should I reapply to get the discover version?

I have both Walmart store card and Walmart Discover Card. I have had the store card for almost ten years and they didn't offer me an upgrade. I asked them many times. They told me the upgrade option wasn't available for me. So I decided to apply for the card last November. I think you should. I think you need over 700 to get approved for Discover.  I heard you can get approved more than 1 Walmart store card.

Ron.

Message 4 of 13
Ron1
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

CONGRATS!!

Thanks, LS.

Ron.

Message 5 of 13
kobe2012
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@kobe2012 wrote:

I have both Walmart store card and Walmart Discover Card. I have had the store card for almost ten years and they didn't offer me an upgrade. I asked them many times. They told me the upgrade option wasn't available for me. So I decided to apply for the card last November. I think you should. I think you need over 700 to get approved for Discover.  I heard you can get approved more than 1 Walmart store card.

Ron.

My walmart store card is only 3 months old but I'd rather have the discover version...I read that some people got upgrades after a while... I'll probably apply when my scores increase... I have so many inquiries and I'm trying not to apply for any... I've only been app free for a month and it feels years...lol

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 6 of 13
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@kobe2012 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@kobe2012 wrote:

Ron.

My walmart store card is only 3 months old but I'd rather have the discover version...I read that some people got upgrades after a while... I'll probably apply when my scores increase... I have so many inquiries and I'm trying not to apply for any... I've only been app free for a month and it feels years...lol

I had a Walmart store card (got in 12/09), and got the offer to upgrade to the Discover version in May of this year.  It took about 2.5 years, but it eventually happened.  I just got a CLI of $500, and it's only been 2 months.

Hang in there - bet you'll get the offer at some point.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 7 of 13
kobe2012
Established Contributor

@TNTransplant wrote:

@kobe2012 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@kobe2012 wrote:

Ron.

I had a Walmart store card (got in 12/09), and got the offer to upgrade to the Discover version in May of this year.  It took about 2.5 years, but it eventually happened.  I just got a CLI of $500, and it's only been 2 months.

Hang in there - bet you'll get the offer at some point.  Smiley Happy

Yea, I can't wait for that day... they gave me a auto cli last week from $500 to $900 ..only been 2 statements... I envy people who gets 3x cli.... but I am happy for getting a few hundreds increase

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.. My wife got approved for walmart but just with 300 CL. Dont know when it will be upgraded.

Message 9 of 13
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

That´s some good news. I got approved recently and will try calling Smiley Happy

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.