Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Discover card question?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart Discover card question?

I applied lastnight and was approved for a Discover It for $1,500 so today I decided to apply for a Walmart card mainly for the free fico scoring and had to call and verify some info and the lady approved me for the Walmart Discover for $800.

My question is this a good or bad thing having 2 Discover cards and will I still get the fico scoring from Walmart? I thought I was apping for the regular walmart card not the discover version. Any insight on this?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Walmart Discover card question?

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied lastnight and was approved for a Discover It for $1,500 so today I decided to apply for a Walmart card mainly for the free fico scoring and had to call and verify some info and the lady approved me for the Walmart Discover for $800.

My question is this a good or bad thing having 2 Discover cards and will I still get the fico scoring from Walmart? I thought I was apping for the regular walmart card not the discover version. Any insight on this?

when you apply for Walmart they automatically  try to approve you for the Wal/Discover card first and if that doesn't go through then the store card.  

When you get your card, register online and request paperless statements for your free score. 

Congrats!

Message 2 of 17
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

discover It : real Discover

walmart discover : just discovr network ,logo same as capital one with master card or visa ..........

except get walmart store card youget walmart discover which you can used everyone accepted Discover......vs walmart store card only used in walmart

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, good to know. I'm officially done with my apping spree. 2/3 is good enough for me! Barclay denied me for the Redskins Extra points card, they must be cowboy fans lol

Message 4 of 17
chnceit
Valued Contributor

And not to forget to mention Discover will grow every 6 months and GE will grow every 3 months or so

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah good to know thanks!!

Message 6 of 17
aplast
Regular Contributor

Barclay is so easy to recon and get approved! Call the backdoor number for the analyst and see what you can get done! I bet they would approve your application.

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ya but i'm scared they are going to see 3 new tradelines this month including my car loan and get spooked and close the account after they start posting to the cra.

Message 8 of 17
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

they can't see it till next month or so

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 9 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Definitely recon your Barclays app.

And congrats on the walmart approval. They offer good financing options for large purchases a lot.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.