cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Discover soon to be MC

Member

Re: Walmart Discover soon to be MC

I was just approved for this card. Can someone explain this to me?

Discover Student Card CL $2000 Wal-mart Discover Card CL $1600 Amazon Store Card CL $800 Playstation Capital One Card CL $300 Macy's Store Card $100
Message 11 of 18
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Discover soon to be MC


Codert777 wrote:

I was just approved for this card. Can someone explain this to me?


If you were just approved for the Walmart store-only card, there is no drastic change.

 

If you were approved for the Discover, or "Dual Card", then you may receive a card with the Discover card initially, but on August 22nd the rewards structure will change to the new structure, and shortly after that you will receive a new card with the Mastercard logo, Mastercard number. Upon activation of the new Mastercard, the WM Discover will be closed. If you don't activate the new Mastercard, at some point the old Discover card will stop working. (I forget that date, but it's within a few months)

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 12 of 18
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Discover soon to be MC

I hope this doesn't result in a new tradeline.

Message 13 of 18
Regular Contributor

Re: Walmart Discover soon to be MC

Just got the e-mail from Walmart today notifying me of the upcoming change.

 

If it's a new tradeline I would be very unhappy (especially if it puts a hard pull on your report or something).

 

Does anyone know if this will be affecting the free TU FICO that the we get?  That's pretty much the only reason I signed up for this card.

Walmart Discover TU08 FICO 12/07/15: 767 PSECU EX V2 FICO 12/05/15: 735
AMEX EX08 FICO 12/19/15: 778 PenFed EQ NG2 FICO 12/01/15: 717
Message 14 of 18
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart Discover soon to be MC

Anyone know if we can still withdraw the $100 cash per trip at Walmart without cash advance fees?

Message 15 of 18
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Discover soon to be MC


iDShaDoW wrote:

Just got the e-mail from Walmart today notifying me of the upcoming change.

 

If it's a new tradeline I would be very unhappy (especially if it puts a hard pull on your report or something).

 

Does anyone know if this will be affecting the free TU FICO that the we get?  That's pretty much the only reason I signed up for this card.


It's definitely be a new TL which totally blows... but they won't be doing a hard pull at all. You'll still be able to get the free FICO, so at least we still have that.

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 16 of 18
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Discover soon to be MC


One7 wrote:

iDShaDoW wrote:

Just got the e-mail from Walmart today notifying me of the upcoming change.

 

If it's a new tradeline I would be very unhappy (especially if it puts a hard pull on your report or something).

 

Does anyone know if this will be affecting the free TU FICO that the we get?  That's pretty much the only reason I signed up for this card.


It's definitely be a new TL which totally blows... but they won't be doing a hard pull at all. You'll still be able to get the free FICO, so at least we still have that.


What makes you say that ???? Do you know that for sure ???

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 17 of 18
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart Discover soon to be MC

I really, really don't want this change to affect my AAoA!!

 

Back in 2010 a lot of us waged battle with Kroger when the 123 card  changed banks (from RSB to US Bank) and  replacement card reported as new line. 

 

After 6 months+ of ongoing emails, calls etc  the battle was won and the new card reported with original open date.

 

I'd like to think Walmart would report with original date but I'm not overly optimistic! 

 

I just hate getting hit with new trade line when I'm not doing any applying at all!!!!!!!

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 18 of 18