Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,677
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
0

Walmart Discover soon to be MC

[ Edited ]

Not sure if this has been discussed here but I learn that Wally will be phasing out the Discover and offering the MasterCard version of their card now.




Mega Contributor
Posts: 17,101
Registered: ‎08-08-2011
0

Re: Walmart Discover soon to be MC

If I remember right the switch for current card members take place August 22

Discover IT $16.5k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $9.5k / Walmart Mastercard $8k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $6.1k
CareCredit $5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $3.95k / Citi DC (WMC) $5.7k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 729 / TU 724 / EX 750 / 7/12/15
Super Contributor
Posts: 9,477
Registered: ‎06-19-2013
0

Re: Walmart Discover soon to be MC

i am sad the new wally mc isn't as awesome as the sams club version , i would actually take an new TL for that new mc card if it were the same as sams club one 



EX Fico 784 5/18/16 Fako 806 CS/Credit.com 11/24/14
EQ SW bank enhanced 4/26/16 810 CK fako 807 5/11/15
TU Fico Barclay's/Walmart 5/27/16 800 Fako 808 Creditkarma 5/11/15
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,376
Registered: ‎10-07-2013
0

Re: Walmart Discover soon to be MC


mongstradamus wrote:

i am sad the new wally mc isn't as awesome as the sams club version , i would actually take an new TL for that new mc card if it were the same as sams club one 


Yep, I got my statement, and the new MC is only going to have 1% rewards, not as good as the tiers on the Sams MC.

 

I almost wish I could just swap out my Sams-only card for the Sams MC, and my Walmart Discover for the Wamlart store. (sigh)

I was going to garden... Honest!
Mega Contributor
Posts: 17,101
Registered: ‎08-08-2011
0

Re: Walmart Discover soon to be MC


CreditUnionFan wrote:

mongstradamus wrote:

i am sad the new wally mc isn't as awesome as the sams club version , i would actually take an new TL for that new mc card if it were the same as sams club one 


Yep, I got my statement, and the new MC is only going to have 1% rewards, not as good as the tiers on the Sams MC.

 

I almost wish I could just swap out my Sams-only card for the Sams MC, and my Walmart Discover for the Wamlart store. (sigh)


At least it's going to be better than the .25% tiered to 1% Discover card. It starts at 1%.

Discover IT $16.5k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $9.5k / Walmart Mastercard $8k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $6.1k
CareCredit $5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $3.95k / Citi DC (WMC) $5.7k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 729 / TU 724 / EX 750 / 7/12/15
Super Contributor
Posts: 9,477
Registered: ‎06-19-2013
0

Re: Walmart Discover soon to be MC


coldnmn wrote:

CreditUnionFan wrote:

mongstradamus wrote:

i am sad the new wally mc isn't as awesome as the sams club version , i would actually take an new TL for that new mc card if it were the same as sams club one 


Yep, I got my statement, and the new MC is only going to have 1% rewards, not as good as the tiers on the Sams MC.

 

I almost wish I could just swap out my Sams-only card for the Sams MC, and my Walmart Discover for the Wamlart store. (sigh)


At least it's going to be better than the .25% tiered to 1% Discover card. It starts at 1%.


I think it would be last card in my wallet I would use lol . no reason I wouldn't use my CSP instead of Walmart mc/discover 😁



EX Fico 784 5/18/16 Fako 806 CS/Credit.com 11/24/14
EQ SW bank enhanced 4/26/16 810 CK fako 807 5/11/15
TU Fico Barclay's/Walmart 5/27/16 800 Fako 808 Creditkarma 5/11/15
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,123
Registered: ‎01-12-2014
0

Re: Walmart Discover soon to be MC

I wonder if there will be any effort made to move more people from the store card to the new MC version.  Perhaps as part of the launch or as a promotion.


Super Contributor
Posts: 9,477
Registered: ‎06-19-2013
0

Re: Walmart Discover soon to be MC


wacdenney wrote:

I wonder if there will be any effort made to move more people from the store card to the new MC version.  Perhaps as part of the launch or as a promotion.


I know most people's situations will be different but for an 1% card i probably wont switch over, which will cost me a new TL, that could potentially mess up my AAOA. 



EX Fico 784 5/18/16 Fako 806 CS/Credit.com 11/24/14
EQ SW bank enhanced 4/26/16 810 CK fako 807 5/11/15
TU Fico Barclay's/Walmart 5/27/16 800 Fako 808 Creditkarma 5/11/15
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,123
Registered: ‎01-12-2014
0

Re: Walmart Discover soon to be MC


mongstradamus wrote:

wacdenney wrote:

I wonder if there will be any effort made to move more people from the store card to the new MC version.  Perhaps as part of the launch or as a promotion.


I know most people's situations will be different but for an 1% card i probably wont switch over, which will cost me a new TL, that could potentially mess up my AAOA. 


Good point.  I wonder if the new trade line policy will remain the same?  I also wonder if the closed account is listed as closed at consumers request or closed by grantor?


Super Contributor
Posts: 9,477
Registered: ‎06-19-2013
0

Re: Walmart Discover soon to be MC


wacdenney wrote:

mongstradamus wrote:

wacdenney wrote:

I wonder if there will be any effort made to move more people from the store card to the new MC version.  Perhaps as part of the launch or as a promotion.


I know most people's situations will be different but for an 1% card i probably wont switch over, which will cost me a new TL, that could potentially mess up my AAOA. 


Good point.  I wonder if the new trade line policy will remain the same?  I also wonder if the closed account is listed as closed at consumers request or closed by grantor?


That i don't know, but a new TL for that card would be a no go for me, especially since i wouldn't ever use it at walmart. Probably would be freedom for the UR points or qs/fid amex for the 1.5%+ cashback. Its just not for me :-)



EX Fico 784 5/18/16 Fako 806 CS/Credit.com 11/24/14
EQ SW bank enhanced 4/26/16 810 CK fako 807 5/11/15
TU Fico Barclay's/Walmart 5/27/16 800 Fako 808 Creditkarma 5/11/15

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.