Codert777

Re: Walmart Discover soon to be MC

I was just approved for this card. Can someone explain this to me?

Discover Student Card CL $2000 Wal-mart Discover Card CL $1600 Amazon Store Card CL $800 Playstation Capital One Card CL $300 Macy's Store Card $100
Established Contributor
CreditUnionFan

Codert777 wrote:

I was just approved for this card. Can someone explain this to me?

If you were just approved for the Walmart store-only card, there is no drastic change.

If you were approved for the Discover, or "Dual Card", then you may receive a card with the Discover card initially, but on August 22nd the rewards structure will change to the new structure, and shortly after that you will receive a new card with the Mastercard logo, Mastercard number. Upon activation of the new Mastercard, the WM Discover will be closed. If you don't activate the new Mastercard, at some point the old Discover card will stop working. (I forget that date, but it's within a few months)

I was going to garden... Honest!
Valued Contributor
kevinjjc

I hope this doesn't result in a new tradeline.

Regular Contributor
iDShaDoW

Just got the e-mail from Walmart today notifying me of the upcoming change.

If it's a new tradeline I would be very unhappy (especially if it puts a hard pull on your report or something).

Does anyone know if this will be affecting the free TU FICO that the we get?  That's pretty much the only reason I signed up for this card.

Walmart Discover TU08 FICO 10/06/14: 786 AMEX EX FICO 08/21/13: 775 PSECU EX FICO 10/04/14: 790
Established Contributor
compassion101

Anyone know if we can still withdraw the $100 cash per trip at Walmart without cash advance fees?

Valued Contributor
One7

iDShaDoW wrote:

If it's a new tradeline I would be very unhappy (especially if it puts a hard pull on your report or something).

Does anyone know if this will be affecting the free TU FICO that the we get?  That's pretty much the only reason I signed up for this card.

It's definitely be a new TL which totally blows... but they won't be doing a hard pull at all. You'll still be able to get the free FICO, so at least we still have that.

MyFico Current Scores: EX 758 EQ 787 TU 723 (All 3 starting scores were mid 500s 2/18/13 )
Diners Club WEMC 15k | Citi AA Exec WEMC 11k | BofA Trav Rwds Sig 10k | BofA Cash Rwds Sig 5k | Merrill+ Sig 5k | Hawaiian Air WEMC 7k | JP Morgan Ritz Carlton Sig 5k | Chase Frdm 5.4k | Chase CSP Sig 5k | Marriott Premier Sig 6k | Amex PRG: NPSL | Amex SPG 3k | Amex Costco 1.2k | Citi TYP Sig 5k | Barclay Rwds 5k | Total Rwds Sig 8k | Cap1 QS Visa 3k | SG Rwds 8k | GM WEMC 3k | Wlmart MC 4k | Discover It 1.4k | Dillards Amex 2k | NASA 30k | US Bank Plat 300 | Lowe's 5.5k | Jared 5.1k | Kay 5.1k | J Deere 5k | CareCredit 6.6k | Home Depot 14k | Amazon 2.3k | PayPal SC 4k | Chevron 1.8k | Macy's 1.5k | J Crew 5.6k | +4 Cards
Valued Contributor
-Wade-

One7 wrote:

iDShaDoW wrote:

It's definitely be a new TL which totally blows... but they won't be doing a hard pull at all. You'll still be able to get the free FICO, so at least we still have that.

What makes you say that ???? Do you know that for sure ???

Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 806 (04/04/2014) Discover TU Fico - 813 (09/02/2014) myFico EX - 804 ( 07/08/2014 ) ******* Amex - BCP 10 K * Discover - IT 10.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 8.8 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K ****** FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 806 *** TU 813 *** EX 804 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 830's Scores ******
Established Contributor
rom828

I really, really don't want this change to affect my AAoA!!

Back in 2010 a lot of us waged battle with Kroger when the 123 card  changed banks (from RSB to US Bank) and  replacement card reported as new line. 

After 6 months+ of ongoing emails, calls etc  the battle was won and the new card reported with original open date.

I'd like to think Walmart would report with original date but I'm not overly optimistic! 

I just hate getting hit with new trade line when I'm not doing any applying at all!!!!!!!

FICOS: TU 732(7-18-14) EQ '08 734( 7-23-14) EX 727 (7-23-14)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}