Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Discover upgrade curiosity.

tag
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Walmart Discover upgrade curiosity.

I figure they know who spends the money in our household.  She does the shopping for the home.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 21 of 30
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

If they are switching to the MC version, how does that affect current Wally Discover card holders?? Will we be changed to MC version and get a new tradeline???

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 22 of 30
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

If they are switching to the MC version, how does that affect current Wally Discover card holders?? Will we be changed to MC version and get a new tradeline???

Yes they will be changed over this summer..............Don't know about the new TL

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 23 of 30
mattmix36
Contributor

@-Wade- wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

Yes they will be changed over this summer..............Don't know about the new TL

Eww...I might consider closing my Wal Mart card then..To be honest, I only opened it to have another discover card.  Right now I have 6 Visa, 6 MasterCard, 2 AMEX, and 2 Discover cards...They gave me a pretty crappy credit limit anyways

My Wallet: AMEX Platinum | Citi AAdvantage Exec $20k | Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $12k | United MileagePlus Club 8k | FNBO $25k | Chase Military Officers Club $9k | Discover IT $5.5k | BankAmericard $30k | PENFED Platinum Cash Rewards $10.5k | Barclay Rewards $6.15k | USAA AMEX $15k | USAA MC $16k | NFCU Flagship Rewards $25k | Logix $15k | Chase Ink Cash $12k | Paypal MC $5k | Walmart Discover $5.4k | Chase Freedom $2k | Sallie Mae $2k | Target RedCard $300 | JP Morgan Ritz-Carlton Rewards $5k | BoA Alaska $1k

Message 24 of 30
pembrokepride
Contributor

I got the offer yesterday. I recently got a small CLI on the store card to $800. For a long time I carried a big balance on it but in the last 4 months kept balance around $50. My scores are in the 690 range and my income is small compared to most of you here only 32k. I am taking a AAoA hit but I am also getting over a 3X CLI from $800 to $2500 on the Discover. It really does not make sense when others have much better profiles than I do.

In garden as of 04-06-14 to 12/01/14

Starting score EQ MyFico 646 11/29/13 Current 691 EQ MyFico SW 04/03/14
Starting score EX MyFico 657 12/01/13 Current 686 EX MyFico 03/01/14
Starting score TU MyFico 627 12/02/13 Current 696 Barkclay 03/26/14
Message 25 of 30
TrulyyBlessed
Regular Contributor

@ways2go wrote:

I didn't get my invitation until I kept a balance of over $300 on mine.  The only thing is that it is a new TL. 

You do not keep the history from your Wal-Mart Store Card? I was told by a rep. that the Discover card would reflect the same starting date as the Store Card on your credit report and would not lower AAoA. Anyone with experiance with upgrading please chime in. Thanks

Starting Score: Nov. 2012 585
Current Score: EQ 733 EX 777 TU 743 Goal Score: 750+

Message 26 of 30
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@TrulyyBlessed wrote:

@ways2go wrote:

I didn't get my invitation until I kept a balance of over $300 on mine.  The only thing is that it is a new TL. 

You do not keep the history from your Wal-Mart Store Card? I was told by a rep. that the Discover card would reflect the same starting date as the Store Card on your credit report and would not lower AAoA. Anyone with experiance with upgrading please chime in. Thanks

The store card is closed and the Walmart Discover is a new trade line. It happens to anyone getting the upgrade.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 27 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@coldnmn wrote:

@TrulyyBlessed wrote:

@ways2go wrote:

The store card is closed and the Walmart Discover is a new trade line. It happens to anyone getting the upgrade.

+1

I was told the same thing -even though I knew it would be a new TL- it just goes to show that they are least consistent in their lack of knowledge.   Definitely weigh the decision  based on your profile. 

Message 28 of 30
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Wal Mart will give me plenty of cli....but no upgrade after a year and 5 months. I have called and asked a couple times and they simply said that its all generated by the computer--so I would have to apply for it if I wanted it. I told them that I am certainly not willing to take an H P in order to get it---I just like the orange color. So, i'll just wait until the computer blesses me...hahaha.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 29 of 30
fot1
Established Contributor

I just upgraded and the discover has a new date from when it was opened.. Looks like a brand new TL.

Too many to list..
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.