cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Discover upgrade questions, questions, questions...

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Walmart Discover upgrade questions, questions, questions...

@emptypockets wrote:

Yes, accepting the upgrade closes and converts your store card into a Walmart Discover. I still see the store card when I sign into my account. It looks open on the website, but shows as closed on all credit reports. The Discover (shows as Walmart DC - dual card) shows as being newly opened as of date upgrade was accepted. So it does affect AAoA, and shows as newly opened account, but no HP. The only real advantage to the upgrade is that you get a card you can use everywhere, with a company that give regular CLI's. 

Correct.  I received my upgrade offer 8 months after opening the store card.  It does report as a new TL which will impact your AAOA.  I received a CLI upon activation, I think it was $2k CLI.  Both accounts are visible on the website but it reported as closed/transfer on the CR's. The status and reporting took about two months IIRC. 

By the way..., I went from $700 to $12k in less than a year, with little to no usage.  

Message 11 of 15
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@parkman wrote:

So I recently got the upgrade offer for the Wal-Mart Discover from the plain Wal-Mart store card. With no regard to my AAOA, I accepted the offer. The site asked me for my income, which I like to think is pretty good, but I only got $2,000. I'm not complaining, because my Wal-Mart store card had an $1,800 limit, but it's definitely not as high as I was hoping for. 

My questions are as follows:

For those that have accepted the upgrade, how long until you received your new card? I can't access my online profile without the 3 digit code from the back. 

I heard that upgrading the card closes your prior account, however, it still appears to be open on the website. Does the closure not occur until I activate the new card?

How soon after upgrading did you successfully request a CLI? My fourth billing statement is this month, and I was looking forward to an increase, but since it's a new card, does the clock reset, so to speak? I'm going to request an increase through the online portal, but I'm unable to sign in until I get my new card. 

Thanks in advance!

Congrats on ur upgrade 

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 12 of 15
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

Just logged in to my walmart account an had the upgrade offer and accepted. Previous CL was $1800 and new CL is $2000. congrats on the upgrade. I have had the card exactly 12 months.

Starting Score: 433
Current Score: 700
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 15
zerobacan
Established Contributor

I just got offered the Discover upgrade. Which I accepted... my cl was 2.9ks just got bumped from 2ks to 2.9 a month ago.
My tu fico is low cause of the holiday shopping 669 wally said today.
After the upgrade my cl is 3ks... 100 bucks more than b4...

I opened this card on october 2011 with 300 bucks
I have several ge cards. My highest cl is amazon w 5ks.

There it goes for the record...
Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 14 of 15
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@parkman wrote:

So I recently got the upgrade offer for the Wal-Mart Discover from the plain Wal-Mart store card. With no regard to my AAOA, I accepted the offer. The site asked me for my income, which I like to think is pretty good, but I only got $2,000. I'm not complaining, because my Wal-Mart store card had an $1,800 limit, but it's definitely not as high as I was hoping for. 

My questions are as follows:

For those that have accepted the upgrade, how long until you received your new card? I can't access my online profile without the 3 digit code from the back. 

I heard that upgrading the card closes your prior account, however, it still appears to be open on the website. Does the closure not occur until I activate the new card?

How soon after upgrading did you successfully request a CLI? My fourth billing statement is this month, and I was looking forward to an increase, but since it's a new card, does the clock reset, so to speak? I'm going to request an increase through the online portal, but I'm unable to sign in until I get my new card. 

Thanks in advance!

Congrats on the upgrade.  You could try calling Credit Solutions immediately to see if you can get a CLI.   You might have to wait until you receive the actual card, but I'm not sure. 

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.