Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Discover

tag
nicemann
Established Contributor

Walmart Discover

After 4 years I have finally been offered to upgrade my Walmart store card to the Walmart Discover.  Of course I did take the offer.  I am still waiting on them to get the card to me though.  My question is does anyone know if you can use the Walmart Discover on Shop Discover website to get the major savings?  Like right now I know sears has 15% back.  I am doubting it because it is issued through GE.  I am pretty sure I am blacklisted by Discover because I had a write off 10 years ago. 

Appreciate any insight.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Walmart Discover

@nicemann wrote:

After 4 years I have finally been offered to upgrade my Walmart store card to the Walmart Discover.  Of course I did take the offer.  I am still waiting on them to get the card to me though.  My question is does anyone know if you can use the Walmart Discover on Shop Discover website to get the major savings?  Like right now I know sears has 15% back.  I am doubting it because it is issued through GE.  I am pretty sure I am blacklisted by Discover because I had a write off 10 years ago. 

Appreciate any insight.

If you can afford to take the INQ try it, nothing to lose.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 6
nicemann
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@nicemann wrote:

Appreciate any insight.

If you can afford to take the INQ try it, nothing to lose.

Yeah I guess I could just didn't want to waste the INQ if the Walmart Discover had the same option.

Message 3 of 6
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Congrats!

So, can you just never accept that offer and keep your standard Walmart card, instead?

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 4 of 6
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

I included Discover in a Chapter 7 just shy of 10 years ago to the tune of about $5500.  I have not tried to reapply, but I have researched it and from what I've been able to gather they have a pretty short memory of that sort of thing.  Look around at the posts here and on other reputable credit-related boards, or just give Discover a call and ask them.  I've seen a number of posts here and elsewhere indicating that after five years Discover develops a case of amnesia when it comes to people who have burned them in the past.

I would imagine that if you are in fact blacklisted by them, their system would catch it before actually pulling a report; thus, no inquiry.  That, however, is merely an assumption on my part.

I've got no interest in Discover personally.  12 years ago it was the only credit card accepted at the local grocery chain I worked for.  Now, casual observation reveals the acceptance of Discover -- at least locally -- seems to be considerably more limited than my AMEX, which I have been able to use everywhere I shop.

Message 5 of 6
GB44
Contributor

Nicemann,

I don't have discover so I can't answer your question. 

I would be concerned about apping for a Discover card, if both cards essentially have the same rewards.

Hopefully, someone with a Walmart Discover will come along and answer your question. You might also just give GECB a call and see what they say.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.