Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Discover

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Discover

@7PM789 wrote:
I decided to apply online the other night and was given the 7-10 day notice. I called in today to check the status of my application and after verifying some information I was approved for the walmart Discover with a measly $1,600.00 limit. It's the lowest limit I have but I don't care because I got the Discover version and won't have to wait for an upgrade later not to mention I only want the free trans union score anyway. Now I just have to wait for it to come in the mail and set up the paperless statements. Garden here I come.

At least it's something Smiley Very Happy

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 21 of 27
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@7PM789 wrote:
I decided to apply online the other night and was given the 7-10 day notice. I called in today to check the status of my application and after verifying some information I was approved for the walmart Discover with a measly $1,600.00 limit. It's the lowest limit I have but I don't care because I got the Discover version and won't have to wait for an upgrade later not to mention I only want the free trans union score anyway. Now I just have to wait for it to come in the mail and set up the paperless statements. Garden here I come.

Call them back to match your high limit line ????? I got my done that way and even higher than my limit line,.........well not hurt to ask Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 22 of 27
7PM789
Frequent Contributor

I suppose I can call the underwriter's number on the backdoor thread but I've never called one before and wouldn't know what to say to get a higher limit. It would be nice to have a higher limit but I'm not really concerned about it because I just want the trans union score. If I do call would it be an additional hard pull?
Amex B.C.E. - $2.5k - Amex Everyday - $5k - N.C.F.C.U.M.C. - $5k - Amex Gold - NPSL/35k P.O.T. - Discover It - $12k - Sam's Club M.C. - $10k -
Walmart M.C. - $7.5k - Citi T.Y.P. - $10k- Chase Freedom - $5k - Chase Marriott - $7.4k - U.S. Bank Cash + - $6k -
W.M. TU-781(Jan/15) Citi EQ-782(Dec/14) EX-782(Oct/14)
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .
Message 23 of 27
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

I don't think it's gonna be another hard pull but ask them and make sure.......you might said something like you wanna make large purchase like big Tvs, home improvement and stuff or ask them match credit line line.......ask for their supervisor if the first CS can't give it to u...........

Message 24 of 27
7PM789
Frequent Contributor

I don't want to lie, I do not intend to make any big ticket purchases at walmart.
Amex B.C.E. - $2.5k - Amex Everyday - $5k - N.C.F.C.U.M.C. - $5k - Amex Gold - NPSL/35k P.O.T. - Discover It - $12k - Sam's Club M.C. - $10k -
Walmart M.C. - $7.5k - Citi T.Y.P. - $10k- Chase Freedom - $5k - Chase Marriott - $7.4k - U.S. Bank Cash + - $6k -
W.M. TU-781(Jan/15) Citi EQ-782(Dec/14) EX-782(Oct/14)
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .
Message 25 of 27
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

All up to you buddie........all you gotta do just ask and be honest.......Smiley Happythey might grant you some Honest increase.......lol

Message 26 of 27
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Just tell them when you make a purchase you don't want your util to be affected.  Thats not a lie.  Hell they didn't even ask me that.  All she asked me was my income. and how much  Tell them you want 10,000.  It is only a soft pul, I can almost guaranty it.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.