Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Discover

7PM789 wrote:
I decided to apply online the other night and was given the 7-10 day notice. I called in today to check the status of my application and after verifying some information I was approved for the walmart Discover with a measly $1,600.00 limit. It's the lowest limit I have but I don't care because I got the Discover version and won't have to wait for an upgrade later not to mention I only want the free trans union score anyway. Now I just have to wait for it to come in the mail and set up the paperless statements. Garden here I come.

At least it's something :smileyvery-happy:

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)

Valued Contributor

7PM789 wrote:
I decided to apply online the other night and was given the 7-10 day notice. I called in today to check the status of my application and after verifying some information I was approved for the walmart Discover with a measly $1,600.00 limit. It's the lowest limit I have but I don't care because I got the Discover version and won't have to wait for an upgrade later not to mention I only want the free trans union score anyway. Now I just have to wait for it to come in the mail and set up the paperless statements. Garden here I come.

Call them back to match your high limit line ????? I got my done that way and even higher than my limit line,.........well not hurt to ask :smileywink:

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800

Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 13k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 9.4k|Cap: 5.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 13.4k| Pen:4.5k

Frequent Contributor

I suppose I can call the underwriter's number on the backdoor thread but I've never called one before and wouldn't know what to say to get a higher limit. It would be nice to have a higher limit but I'm not really concerned about it because I just want the trans union score. If I do call would it be an additional hard pull?
Amex B.C.E. - $2.5k - Amex Everyday - $5k - N.C.F.C.U.M.C. - $5k - Amex Gold - NPSL/35k P.O.T. - Discover It - $12k - Sam's Club M.C. - $10k -
Walmart M.C. - $7.5k - Citi T.Y.P. - $10k- Chase Freedom - $5k - Chase Marriott - $7.4k - U.S. Bank Cash + - $6k -
W.M. TU-781(Jan/15) Citi EQ-782(Dec/14) EX-782(Oct/14)
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .
Valued Contributor

I don't think it's gonna be another hard pull but ask them and make sure.......you might said something like you wanna make large purchase like big Tvs, home improvement and stuff or ask them match credit line line.......ask for their supervisor if the first CS can't give it to u...........

Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 13k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 9.4k|Cap: 5.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 13.4k| Pen:4.5k

Frequent Contributor

I don't want to lie, I do not intend to make any big ticket purchases at walmart.
Amex B.C.E. - $2.5k - Amex Everyday - $5k - N.C.F.C.U.M.C. - $5k - Amex Gold - NPSL/35k P.O.T. - Discover It - $12k - Sam's Club M.C. - $10k -
Walmart M.C. - $7.5k - Citi T.Y.P. - $10k- Chase Freedom - $5k - Chase Marriott - $7.4k - U.S. Bank Cash + - $6k -
W.M. TU-781(Jan/15) Citi EQ-782(Dec/14) EX-782(Oct/14)
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .
Valued Contributor

All up to you buddie........all you gotta do just ask and be honest.......:smileyhappy:they might grant you some Honest increase.......lol

Established Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just tell them when you make a purchase you don't want your util to be affected.  Thats not a lie.  Hell they didn't even ask me that.  All she asked me was my income. and how much  Tell them you want 10,000.  It is only a soft pul, I can almost guaranty it.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.