Valued Contributor
maiden_girl

Re: Walmart Discover

7PM789 wrote:
I decided to apply online the other night and was given the 7-10 day notice. I called in today to check the status of my application and after verifying some information I was approved for the walmart Discover with a measly $1,600.00 limit. It's the lowest limit I have but I don't care because I got the Discover version and won't have to wait for an upgrade later not to mention I only want the free trans union score anyway. Now I just have to wait for it to come in the mail and set up the paperless statements. Garden here I come.

At least it's something :smileyvery-happy:

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)

Valued Contributor
nicholasyud

7PM789 wrote:
I decided to apply online the other night and was given the 7-10 day notice. I called in today to check the status of my application and after verifying some information I was approved for the walmart Discover with a measly $1,600.00 limit. It's the lowest limit I have but I don't care because I got the Discover version and won't have to wait for an upgrade later not to mention I only want the free trans union score anyway. Now I just have to wait for it to come in the mail and set up the paperless statements. Garden here I come.

Call them back to match your high limit line ????? I got my done that way and even higher than my limit line,.........well not hurt to ask :smileywink:

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800

Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 9k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 3.4k|Cap: 3.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 5k| Pen:4.5k

Frequent Contributor
7PM789

I suppose I can call the underwriter's number on the backdoor thread but I've never called one before and wouldn't know what to say to get a higher limit. It would be nice to have a higher limit but I'm not really concerned about it because I just want the trans union score. If I do call would it be an additional hard pull?
Amex B.C.E. - $2.5k - N.C.F.C.U.M.C. - $5k - Amex Gold - NPSL - Discover More - $7.5k - Sam's Club Discover - $10k -
Walmart Discover - $7.5k - Citi T.Y.P. - $5.5k - Chase Freedom - $2.2k -
W.M.TU-775(July/14/) EQ-726(July/12) EX-753(Jan/13)
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .

Valued Contributor
nicholasyud

I don't think it's gonna be another hard pull but ask them and make sure.......you might said something like you wanna make large purchase like big Tvs, home improvement and stuff or ask them match credit line line.......ask for their supervisor if the first CS can't give it to u...........

Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 9k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 3.4k|Cap: 3.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 5k| Pen:4.5k

Frequent Contributor
7PM789

I don't want to lie, I do not intend to make any big ticket purchases at walmart.
Amex B.C.E. - $2.5k - N.C.F.C.U.M.C. - $5k - Amex Gold - NPSL - Discover More - $7.5k - Sam's Club Discover - $10k -
Walmart Discover - $7.5k - Citi T.Y.P. - $5.5k - Chase Freedom - $2.2k -
W.M.TU-775(July/14/) EQ-726(July/12) EX-753(Jan/13)
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .

Valued Contributor
nicholasyud

All up to you buddie........all you gotta do just ask and be honest.......:smileyhappy:they might grant you some Honest increase.......lol

Established Contributor
flowfaster

[ Edited ]

Just tell them when you make a purchase you don't want your util to be affected.  Thats not a lie.  Hell they didn't even ask me that.  All she asked me was my income. and how much  Tell them you want 10,000.  It is only a soft pul, I can almost guaranty it.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+