Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Discover

tag
buildingitbackup
Regular Contributor

Walmart Discover

I logged into my Walmart account yesterday and was suprised because it asked me which card I wanted to manage (regular Walmart card or Discover).  So I updated my CR and was happy to see two Walmart accounts (extra one being Discover).  I didn't think that Walmart did automatic upgrades...Should I be concerned that someone else upgraded my account? I have no recent inquiries and I figured that Walmart would have at least mailed me an invitation to app for the Discover....

Starting Score: <600 & No Score 2/2011
Current Score EQ : 726
Current Score (TU Walmart): 676
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart Discover

could be in the mail just call to make sure

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 9
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 3 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

They don't upgrade it unless you agree to it usually.no one else could have done it 'cept you...
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
They don't upgrade it unless you agree to it usually.no one else could have done it 'cept you...

I'd be concerned, call in and find out it could be identity theft.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 9
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

CONGRATS!!
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 6 of 9
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

I'd be concerned, call in and find out it could be identity theft.

1000+  On the advice in the above posts.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 7 of 9
OneStepFurther
Established Member

I received a letter in the mail about a month ago congratulating me that my store cards were being upgraded.  It basically said that if I didn't want the upgrade to call the number listed, otherwise the cards were going to be mailed out in 60 days.  A few days ago when I logged in, I saw both Discover accounts as well as both store accounts listed. The notice stated that the cards had been mailed out and to click the links to activate it once I have received them. 

It's possible that you may have missed the initial letter they sent you congratulating you and because you didn't call the number, they set up the new Discover account. 

Message 8 of 9
buildingitbackup
Regular Contributor

I'm going to go with OneStepFurthers post.  Thanks all.

Starting Score: <600 & No Score 2/2011
Current Score EQ : 726
Current Score (TU Walmart): 676
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.