Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Discover

tag
buildingitbackup
Regular Contributor

Walmart Discover

I received the automatic upgrade Walmart Discover card in the mail yesterday.  My previous CL was $900 (on the GE Card).  When I activated the Discover it stated new line was $3K.  The card looks awesome....It states that the new Credit Line will replace the old.  When I log in to Walmart.  I can see two separate accounts.  Can anyone confirm that the original account balance gets merged with the new Discover line?

Starting Score: <600 & No Score 2/2011
Current Score EQ : 726
Current Score (TU Walmart): 676
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Discover

Very nice Congrat..........How long did you had your card before they updated to Diccover version ? 1 years ???

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 13
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats. Old acct will close. Pretty sure the bal xfers over. Int rate shoul stay the same
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 13
buildingitbackup
Regular Contributor

^   13 months.

Starting Score: <600 & No Score 2/2011
Current Score EQ : 726
Current Score (TU Walmart): 676
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 13
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@buildingitbackup wrote:

I received the automatic upgrade Walmart Discover card in the mail yesterday.  My previous CL was $900 (on the GE Card).  When I activated the Discover it stated new line was $3K.  The card looks awesome....It states that the new Credit Line will replace the old.  When I log in to Walmart.  I can see two separate accounts.  Can anyone confirm that the original account balance gets merged with the new Discover line?

After a while you'll see the old account as "Closed" with a Zero balance, the new account will show the balance (and any new additional charges).

When it shows up on your CR, the old account will show "closed, moved to another dept" (or something along that line).  

But yes, you'll see the 2 separate accounts for a long time even though the old one is closed.

Congrats on the Upgrade btw!  Smiley Happy

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 5 of 13
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yes! Congrats!! I got my upgrade after two years! I pif; I just use it for the gas discount and sometimes quick cash! Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 13
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

@buildingitbackup wrote:

After a while you'll see the old account as "Closed" with a Zero balance, the new account will show the balance (and any new additional charges).

When it shows up on your CR, the old account will show "closed, moved to another dept" (or something along that line).  

But yes, you'll see the 2 separate accounts for a long time even though the old one is closed.

Congrats on the Upgrade btw!  Smiley Happy

its going two seperate trade line put on credit report ????? well this going to low AAOA for sure ;-(

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 7 of 13
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Yeah they close your original account and open a new one.

Also if that is just a photoshopped pic of your personal card it is going to be removed. FYI
Message 8 of 13
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Surprised no WM logo but it is a nice looking card, thanks for posting.

Message 9 of 13
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Nice card

Itching me Smiley Very Happy

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.