Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Discover

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart Discover

I just applied for Walmart Discover cards for my fiance and myself. His TU score is 586 and, while he was not approved for the Discover card, he was approved for a $300 limit store card. I, on the other hand, with a 620 score, got a message that says I will be emailed in 4-5 days or receive something by mail in 10 days. What's up with that?

On the positive side, that was the first card for which he's been approved. Our mortgage broker said he really needs a credit card to get him above a 600 midscore to avoid a 2% penalty with an FHA loan.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart Discover

is that 620 a fico or fako??

what type of baddies do you have? are any more severe or more recent than his? 

you can always do a recon if you are denied, or maybe they couldn't verify some info which I've seen on here also..

but i understand i have a few gemb cards but walmart for the store and discover has turned me down twice..go figure...
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 2 of 3
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart Discover

Call them at 877-294-7880 and make sure it is not a verification problem.  Tell them you want to speak to someone who takes applications by phone.  I had problems twice with them and fortunately, I got this wonderful woman on the phone who takes applications.  I told her that when I had gotten the security questions, the first two questions did not apply to me at all so I clicked N/A.  Next think I know, I get the 7-10 notification comment, then an e-mail stating they could not verify my identity.  The first time I called, the people were not helpful and told me that I needed to wait another 60 days or so before calling back.    I ended up calling the number I listed here and explained the situation.  She asked me a different set of questions for the Walmart and Chevron cards and I was approved for both.
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.