Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart/Discover

tag
720ismygoal
Regular Contributor

Walmart/Discover

Hi all,

I've had the walmart store card for a year now. Started with $300, then $700 and now its at $900 with a perfect payment history. Walmart FICO score is at 680. My questions is that if anyone has had or heard of an upgrade for a walmart discover card, before the three year mark, that some have had? Three years seems way to long, i thought about applying for one, but there is no option for the discover card.

Any input is highly appreciated.

Old Navy: AU $600----------------Walmart(store card): $900 & FICO: 680
Sears Mastercard: AU $300-----TU: FICO 652 April/2012
Emblemcard: $325------------------EQ: FICO 668 April/2012
Discover: $1,000-FICO 695 4/25/12---------Bringing home Amex in 2013!
Cap1: $750 Gardening mode until April 2013
Cap1: $500

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
alovingmommyof3
Valued Member

Re: Walmart/Discover

I got a Walmart card in June '11 for $800 and then the Walmart Discover in December '11 for $1000.  Shortly after that the Walmart Card was upped to $1100.  However I had another GE Card with Old Navy (Visa) since August '10 which has had a couple of CLIs.  I don't know if they take that into consideration.  I do know that when I got the Walmart card, I was told I could apply for the Discover verison in six months and they would merge the two.  In the end, I ended up with two different cards rather than a merged one.  Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 6
720ismygoal
Regular Contributor

Wow! nice! So you appplied for the discover online?

Old Navy: AU $600----------------Walmart(store card): $900 & FICO: 680
Sears Mastercard: AU $300-----TU: FICO 652 April/2012
Emblemcard: $325------------------EQ: FICO 668 April/2012
Discover: $1,000-FICO 695 4/25/12---------Bringing home Amex in 2013!
Cap1: $750 Gardening mode until April 2013
Cap1: $500

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@720ismygoal wrote:

Hi all,

I've had the walmart store card for a year now. Started with $300, then $700 and now its at $900 with a perfect payment history. Walmart FICO score is at 680. My questions is that if anyone has had or heard of an upgrade for a walmart discover card, before the three year mark, that some have had? Three years seems way to long, i thought about applying for one, but there is no option for the discover card.

Any input is highly appreciated.

Well, you might consider applying for a Sams club credit card if your a member as both Walmart and Sams club credit cards are issued by GE. I applied for Walmart and only approved for Walmart store card but a week later applied in-store at Sams Club and approved for a Sams Club Discover card with a great initial credit limit.
Message 4 of 6
alovingmommyof3
Valued Member

Yes, I applied online for the Discover version.  I am pretty sure I applied for the store card online too.

Message 5 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@alovingmommyof3 wrote:

Yes, I applied online for the Discover version.  I am pretty sure I applied for the store card online too.

When you app for a Walmart card you are 1st tried for the WM Discover if declined, then looked at for the store card on the same pull.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.