Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Discover

tag
7PM789
Frequent Contributor

Walmart Discover

I was approved for a Sam's club discover card two days ago and now I'm contemplating the odds of being approved for a walmart discover card. If the odds are on my side I would like to do it soon so they can age together. Is G.E.C.R.B. known to approve multiple cards this close together or would I be setting myself up for failure?

My utilization are as follows <%1 on my Amex, %0 on my mastercard, <%2 on my Sam's club discover and %6 on my discover more overall utilization is around %1.5

What should I do app or wait?

Amex B.C.E. - $2.5k - Amex Everyday - $5k - N.C.F.C.U.M.C. - $5k - Amex Gold - NPSL/35k P.O.T. - Discover It - $12k - Sam's Club M.C. - $10k -
Walmart M.C. - $7.5k - Citi T.Y.P. - $10k- Chase Freedom - $5k - Chase Marriott - $7.4k - U.S. Bank Cash + - $6k -
W.M. TU-781(Jan/15) Citi EQ-782(Dec/14) EX-782(Oct/14)
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Walmart Discover

Do you really need both of them? You can use the Sam's club discover card at walmart....

If you want the Walmart discover for the free FICO I would've just applied for that first, since the walmart cards work at sam's club, whether or not you get the discover version. 

Message 2 of 27
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

whats your aaoa look like? 4k on a discover? wow. 

id say go for it. what do you have to lose. 

but your score does seem a little low. 

must have a big income =) 

are you applying for anything else? another car or house? 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 3 of 27
7PM789
Frequent Contributor

My A.A.O.A. is currently 8.5 months(down from 11.33 months pre Sam's). If I get the walmart discover it'll drop to 6.8 months and I wouldn't app for anything else until February when my A.A.O.A. is back up to 1 year+. I don't plan on buying another vehicle or a house any time soon. Also despite my wishes I don't make "a lot" of money.
Amex B.C.E. - $2.5k - Amex Everyday - $5k - N.C.F.C.U.M.C. - $5k - Amex Gold - NPSL/35k P.O.T. - Discover It - $12k - Sam's Club M.C. - $10k -
Walmart M.C. - $7.5k - Citi T.Y.P. - $10k- Chase Freedom - $5k - Chase Marriott - $7.4k - U.S. Bank Cash + - $6k -
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .
Message 4 of 27
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@7PM789 wrote:
My A.A.O.A. is currently 8.5 months(down from 11.33 months pre Sam's). If I get the walmart discover it'll drop to 6.8 months and I wouldn't app for anything else until February when my A.A.O.A. is back up to 1 year+. I don't plan on buying another vehicle or a house any time soon. Also despite my wishes I don't make "a lot" of money.

honestly i would just leave it at that. 

like stated you can use sam's at walmart. 

other then the free tu fico do you need the aval credit? 

in the end its your choice. with only 8 months aaoa i think they would give you a lower limit though. and might not even be the discover version. 

for me i had no baddies just aaoa dropped to 9 months and they gave me 800 store card. in july.....    cli to 3000 though a few days ago. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 5 of 27
7PM789
Frequent Contributor

I applied for the Sam's club discover in response to a letter I received in the mail because it stated that if I was approved I would start with a limit of no less than $2,000.00 and I figured it couldn't hurt after reading that the majority of people have great things to say about G.E.C.R.B.

I then decided to go through my shoebox of papers to feed my shredder later that day and realized that I had a copy of an old Trans Union score from when I was shopping around for my car loan. I hadn't realized that it was significantly lower than my other scores from the same time last year which is why I would like the free monthly score from Trans Union with the walmart card.
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .
Message 6 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@7PM789 wrote:

I was approved for a Sam's club discover card two days ago and now I'm contemplating the odds of being approved for a walmart discover card. If the odds are on my side I would like to do it soon so they can age together. Is G.E.C.R.B. known to approve multiple cards this close together or would I be setting myself up for failure?

My utilization are as follows <%1 on my Amex, %0 on my mastercard, <%2 on my Sam's club discover and %6 on my discover more overall utilization is around %1.5

What should I do app or wait?

I wouldnt bother apping for that card. Sam's DIscover works the same in Walmart. It's pretty much a useless card other than the TU FICO.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 27
7PM789
Frequent Contributor

Ok. In a hypothetical situation would G.E.C.R.B. issue two new cards within a short period of time regardless of which stores they are for?

Has anybody here done this before?
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .
Message 8 of 27
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@7PM789 wrote:
Ok. In a hypothetical situation would G.E.C.R.B. issue two new cards within a short period of time regardless of which stores they are for?

Yes. They'll approve it. I mean...both cards are backed by GE but they are two completely different entities..You'd be able to get it if you applied now. I got Walmart Discover (GE) and Amazon (GE) within the same week...

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 9 of 27
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@7PM789 wrote:

Yes. You can usually go 3-4 GE cards in a short period of time. After that, they'll start knocking back your applications immediately without even considering you. 

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.