Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart EMV Chip

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Walmart EMV Chip

I have used my Chase card with a chip and my Citi card at Walmart and two times at two different Walmarts the first time the card got declined and waited for the pin pad to say remove the card and tried it a second time and it worked fine later I checked my account online and it showed two pending Walmart transactions. They fell off after a day or two. Has this happened to anyone else?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Walmart EMV Chip

@corymcd88 wrote:

I have used my Chase card with a chip and my Citi card at Walmart and two times at two different Walmarts the first time the card got declined and waited for the pin pad to say remove the card and tried it a second time and it worked fine later I checked my account online and it showed two pending Walmart transactions. They fell off after a day or two. Has this happened to anyone else?

That's a new one for me; with my chip cards, so far, so good.  I've used my USAA Visa, both my Amex cards, and QS1 Mastercard, all worked the first time with no issues at Wal-Mart, which for me is the only place I shop that uses the EMV chip.

The fact that there were two 'pending' transactions indicates it's probably not a problem with your card, but an equipment issue at the store you were at.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had that happen to me at a carwash with my Citi DC card. On the first attempt it told me my card was "declined" so I tried it again, the second time around it was approved. While my car was being washed I checked the Citi app and I saw two pending transactions for the same amount from the same carwash. I waited a few days and only one charge posted, the other authorization just fell off. I wouldn't worry about it too much, just check on it in a few days to make sure two charges didn't post. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup exact same happened to me at walmart, as it was my first time using my new quicksilver chip card. But the pending showed a deduction and a refund then another deduction, all pending at first. So it all equals out in the long run..
Message 4 of 5
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

I got a call from Citi making sure that that I still had my card.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.