Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners

Walmart FICO Score

I have a credit freeze on my three CBs. I had no problem getting my free monthly FICO score from walmart, until walmart sent me a new "replacement"card. Let me explain this replacement card: Walmart originally said they sent me a card, which first, I did not received, so I reported it lost. Walmart then sent out this replacement for this "replacement" card to me, which I receved (btw Walmart automatically doubled my CL); I then tried to access my account online (thinling it would be automatic continuation of my old account on their website), but found out I have to re-register this new account for online bill payment & free FICO etc. I did all that and now, because I have a credit freeze on my TU, I got a msg, when I request my CS through Walmart, that b/c of the freeze they cannot access my CR---and that I need to unfreeze the CR. I called Walmart for help, got someone from India. After explaing the problems nearly 6 times, they still did not understand my plight. I just hung up in disappointment.

Question: Isn't existing creditor(s) able to bypass this freeze and pull report if you're an existing account holder? Is there something that I can do to avoid unfreezing my account (thus avoiding paying that $10 to TU to refreeze)? Has anyone here had any similiar experience and what did/could be done.

Like I said, with the freeze in place, I was getting my monhly CS without any problem, so I really don't know.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.