Maryjjj

Walmart FICO Score

I have a credit freeze on my three CBs. I had no problem getting my free monthly FICO score from walmart, until walmart sent me a new "replacement"card. Let me explain this replacement card: Walmart originally said they sent me a card, which first, I did not received, so I reported it lost. Walmart then sent out this replacement for this "replacement" card to me, which I receved (btw Walmart automatically doubled my CL); I then tried to access my account online (thinling it would be automatic continuation of my old account on their website), but found out I have to re-register this new account for online bill payment & free FICO etc. I did all that and now, because I have a credit freeze on my TU, I got a msg, when I request my CS through Walmart, that b/c of the freeze they cannot access my CR---and that I need to unfreeze the CR. I called Walmart for help, got someone from India. After explaing the problems nearly 6 times, they still did not understand my plight. I just hung up in disappointment.

Question: Isn't existing creditor(s) able to bypass this freeze and pull report if you're an existing account holder? Is there something that I can do to avoid unfreezing my account (thus avoiding paying that $10 to TU to refreeze)? Has anyone here had any similiar experience and what did/could be done.

Like I said, with the freeze in place, I was getting my monhly CS without any problem, so I really don't know.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+