cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart FICO, worth it just for the score?

tag
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

Walmart FICO, worth it just for the score?

I keep seeing everyone get their FICO scores from walmart cards. Is it worth it to app just for the score? Is there a card that will get the EQ score also? I wish someone besides PSECU would do EX. I have little use for knowledge of my fico score anymore outside of getting an autoloan however I've grown an addiction that makes me care Smiley Happy

Starting: EQ: 490 TU: ??? EX: ???
Current: EQ: 717 TU: 757 EX: 736 (lender)
Goal: 800+
=============
Amex: Zync, Gold Delta
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Walmart FICO, worth it just for the score?

@doublespaces wrote:

I keep seeing everyone get their FICO scores from walmart cards. Is it worth it to app just for the score? Is there a card that will get the EQ score also? I wish someone besides PSECU would do EX. I have little use for knowledge of my fico score anymore outside of getting an autoloan however I've grown an addiction that makes me care Smiley Happy

Whether or not it's worth it to you is probably a personal choice. Since I got my Walmart card a few weeks ago, I've actually been going to my local (new) Walmart that I hadn't bothered to go to previously. When I apped, I figured that it *was* worth it for me, because I really wanted the TU FICO. I'm also looking forward to GEMB's CLIs! Smiley Happy

I believe there's a CU -- Digital Credit Union, I think -- that offers a monthly EQ FICO when you have an acct. with them. No CCs do that that I know of.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 8
CS800
Super Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@doublespaces wrote:

Whether or not it's worth it to you is probably a personal choice. Since I got my Walmart card a few weeks ago, I've actually been going to my local (new) Walmart that I hadn't bothered to go to previously. When I apped, I figured that it *was* worth it for me, because I really wanted the TU FICO. I'm also looking forward to GEMB's CLIs! Smiley Happy

I believe there's a CU -- Digital Credit Union, I think -- that offers a monthly EQ FICO when you have an acct. with them. No CCs do that that I know of.

You are correct. I get my EQ FICO from them every month; generally the last day of the month I get mine.

Message 3 of 8
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Do you have to go to paperless statements to get the free score?

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 4 of 8
Prettylady1
Regular Contributor

This score for me is 31 points lower than myfico score. Don't know if it's worth it cause it's not accurate!!!

Starting Score: TU 640, EQ 636, EX 645
Current Score: TU 665, EQ 706, EX ?
Goal Score: All above 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Prettylady1 wrote:
This score for me is 31 points lower than myfico score. Don't know if it's worth it cause it's not accurate!!!

Actually the score from WM is the latest version of TU - TU08. The version here is the older TU098.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 6 of 8
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Prettylady1 wrote:

Actually the score from WM is the latest version of TU - TU08. The version here is the older TU098.

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

What are the key differences and what is the highest score one can achieve with the TU08?

Message 7 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@tntexans72 wrote:

What are the key differences and what is the highest score one can achieve with the TU08?

The score range is the same - 300-850. Here are some differences I've been able to find:

* Although FICO08 doesn't exclude any AU's what is does differently from prior models is it scores AU TL's in a slightly different manner than joint or individual TL's. As a result, for example, if all of your TL"s are AU's, you're not likely to score as high as if the same TL's were jont/individual.

* FICO08 is more lenient toward the rare missed payment. A one time mis-happening in terms of delinquency doesn’t penalize the score as much compared to previous models. The flip side is that if that happens quite often they actually get penalized more than in the previous versions.

* FICO08 ignores small debts in collections and PR’s that have an original balance of less than $100.

* The new FICO score is more sensitive to high credit usage than earlier models. In other words if you max out your cards your FICO score will lose more points than it would have in the past.

From a BK years ago to:

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.