Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart FICO

tag
qtcbcute
Contributor

Re: Walmart FICO

Hi everyone! I'm new here and after reading on the different boards about the FICO score given by Walmart, I decided to try and apply. I applied online and was instantly approved for an $800 CL. I wanted to know when I would get my FICO score? I only applied so that I would get the monthly FICO score and now I'm excited to know.

Starting Score: ?
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 48
john398
Senior Contributor

@qtcbcute wrote:
Hi everyone! I'm new here and after reading on the different boards about the FICO score given by Walmart, I decided to try and apply. I applied online and was instantly approved for an $800 CL. I wanted to know when I would get my FICO score? I only applied so that I would get the monthly FICO score and now I'm excited to know.

First you have to go online and request that feature, its free but I belive you have to have paperless billing

Message 12 of 48
qtcbcute
Contributor

Thanks for the info. I guess I have to wait for the card to arrive in the mail in order to do that.

Starting Score: ?
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh good, it isn't just me. I had figured that it was some promotional thing that expired.

And just to clarify once again.. the score Walmart gives *IS* my actual real FICO score and not a FAKO score, correct? It says TransUnion, so I (and others) might be a little leery of what's what.

Message 14 of 48
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

And just to clarify once again.. the score Walmart gives *IS* my actual real FICO score and not a FAKO score, correct? It says TransUnion, so I (and others) might be a little leery of what's what.

Yes, this is a real FICO score.  Transunion (08) version, and IMO, more useful than the one you can buy here.

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 15 of 48
android01
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh good, it isn't just me. I had figured that it was some promotional thing that expired.

It is TU08 (a newer version) which is one of several FICO scores available.  The one you get here at MyFico is TU98, which no one really uses anymore.  TU04 is the most widely used, but I don't think this score is available for purchase anywhere.  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 16 of 48
sublimemoment

Just found this site today, and never realized this feature was available via my wmcc.  Just wanted to say thanks!

Message 17 of 48
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Tu08 which Walmart provides isn't used much as again not accurate for what most lenders using tu fico use, including Walmart. But at least it might gain in use.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 18 of 48
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Crashem wrote:
Tu08 which Walmart provides isn't used much as again not accurate for what most lenders using tu fico use, including Walmart. But at least it might gain in use.

More useful than TU98 in my opinion in terms of market utilization of the scores; also, just because Walmart has enough customer data to rely on their own consumer model, doesn't mean they don't use the score at all for underwriting.

Just living in Cali though in my case unless I try really hard, inquiries just don't hit my TU report with any regularity to make me justify tracking the score specifically beyond the report data which I can get through CK for free.  If I ever shopped there or if I move back to Texas then I'd probably consider it.

        
Message 19 of 48
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Revel I agree with you. Just cautioning that tu04 and tu08 scores can be significantly different. Walmart uses tu04 for approvals. Tu98 is worthless. It is hardly used and will only lose market share. Tu08 is not much used but at least might gain market share.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 20 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.