Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart FICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart FICO

TU08 is very similar to TU04 and is far more widely used than most people realize. Also, Walmart doesn't underwrite their credit. GE does.
Message 21 of 48
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
TU08 is very similar to TU04 and is far more widely used than most people realize. Also, Walmart doesn't underwrite their credit. GE does.

Do you know of any specific lenders who use TU08? I know that Discover uses a credit card enhanced version of TU08 but I know of no lenders who use the classic TU08.

I would be glad to know for future reference and use.

Message 22 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you know of any specific lenders who use TU08? I know that Discover uses a credit card enhanced version of TU08 but I know of no lenders who use the classic TU08.

I would be glad to know for future reference and use.

Citi has adopted TU08 and much of the auto industry uses auto-enhanced FICO 8. It has also been suggested that Amex uses whatever the EX equivalent is.
Message 23 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, maybe I should have said it is more widely used than people here tend to suggest (IMO). TU04 is the most widely used but reading these boards you'd think TU08 isn't used at all. Being able to access your TU08 can be very valuable.
Message 24 of 48
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Citi has adopted TU08 and much of the auto industry uses auto-enhanced FICO 8. It has also been suggested that Amex uses whatever the EX equivalent is.

Do you have a source for all this? I'm not saying you're wrong but I don't recall anyone here (but I could very well be 100% incorrect about that) confirming that Citi used TU08 to make a credit decision.

I ask because if I begin to give out this information I want to make sure it is as reliable as possible.

Message 25 of 48
perfectuniverse1
Established Member

ok so just to clarify... what score did i buy here last week for 19.95, which one does walmart provide and if a creditor pulls TU which one are they more likely to get?  im trying to decide whether or not i want to take a HP for the walmart card

Message 26 of 48
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
And GE uses what ( wasn't that kind of a petty point?)? Tu04 if they use tu. It will be long time before we see mortgage lenders use anything by xx04. Too many structural reasons. No one is saying that xx08 is worthless. Just don't use it as the reference. It isn't in common use and there can be significant differences between xx04 vs xx08 scores. But since I can't get tu04 scores easily, would I rather use tu08 or tu98 for reference? Obviously tu08. Less differences to tu04 compared to tu98
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 27 of 48
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you have a source for all this? I'm not saying you're wrong but I don't recall anyone here (but I could very well be 100% incorrect about that) confirming that Citi used TU08 to make a credit decision.

I ask because if I begin to give out this information I want to make sure it is as reliable as possible.

I know bofa and Citibank announced at some point that they would start using fico 08 scoring models, but I haven't really seen it in real life. Real difference between what is announced and what is used.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 28 of 48
boonelb
Regular Contributor

scores are out

Message 29 of 48
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Just to add to the mix......I used to think that TU98 was obselete as well, but it is actually still used by many lenders.   Navy Federal pulled a TU98 score 3 months ago when I applied with them, so there are still some creditors that use it.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 30 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.