Did you mean: 

Walmart FICO

tag
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart FICO

@CS800 wrote:

@Carlile92 wrote:
Yes unenrolling and then reenrolling does work I just did it and bang new fico score mine went down to 669 from 694 oh well that's from all the new accounts

I wouldn't be posting this. Read Hauling's comments.

+1,000.000 - kill the posting!

Why spoil a good thing?

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 21 of 30
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

Well I mean I am just confirming a question I don't plan on doing this just did it to see if it works and it does but I won't do it because that is abusing a great free service
Fico's in 500s across all three and one nfcu nrewards card with 2k limit for rebuilding
Message 22 of 30
lithium78
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Hrm.  Which cards does Walmart give the FICO scores on?  Just their Discover, or also their store or some other card which I'm not aware of as well?

Thinking if the mortgage gets pushed off, once I get my auto loan refinanced might be worth trying to get one just for the freebie scores.

They offer the free TU FICO score for both their retail card and Discover card if you enroll in online statements.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 30
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Revelate wrote:

Hrm.  Which cards does Walmart give the FICO scores on?  Just their Discover, or also their store or some other card which I'm not aware of as well?

Thinking if the mortgage gets pushed off, once I get my auto loan refinanced might be worth trying to get one just for the freebie scores.

score.

Just to confirm that both the store card and WM Discover card offer the free TU score which happens to be the newest TU08 version.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 24 of 30
dalebb
Valued Contributor

i got my new jan score 2 days ago, but it is dated 1/5/12

Message 25 of 30
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Just a comment to the member who wrote that he did the enroll thing and got a different score: my guess is that your second score was the one that had already been sent to Walmart and was waiting to be reported on the statement (or however they do it.) It was picked up when you reenrolled.

For those who (understandably) aren't familiar with how a FICO score is generated: the scores are generated at the credit bureaus when pulled. Whoever asks for the score has to pay for it, and the payment is split between the credit bureau and FICO. (I suppose you can think of them as being co-owners of the score.)

With the scores on statements, the lender buys the scores in a batch. Then they post them on whatever schedule they have going (monthly, quarterly, whatever.) Frantically enrolling and unenrolling and reenrolling and reunenrolling and on and on doesn't affect the process. (This is how the program was explained to me, or at least, how I understood the explanation, meaning that this probably isn't precise Smiley Very Happy, but it's reasonably close.)

So putting the two prior paragraphs together, and realizing that lenders aren't dumb and don't want to keep paying over and over for the same person to pull a score, my best guess is that you're just going to get one new score per month, regardless of whatever conniptions you might go through. Maybe you might get lucky and trick them into coughing up one extra score, and so whoopee, you'll see that you went up 3 points or down 2. But this doesn't look like a sneaky monitoring program for your TU FICO8 score.

And with that, let's go back to putting further discussion of this tactic off limits. Smiley Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 26 of 30
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@dalebb wrote:

This would fit in with the way that the Scores on Statements program is run, where the lender buys a batch of scores all at once, and then posts them.

Not understanding that myFICO members are standing around drooling, waiting for our new scores Smiley Very Happy, they get around to updating them 4 or 5 days later.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 27 of 30
CS800
Super Contributor

So we will get our new scores sometimes next week, that's not too far out.

Message 28 of 30
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@lithium78 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

They offer the free TU FICO score for both their retail card and Discover card if you enroll in online statements.

Thank you both Lithium and MarineVietVet!

        
Message 29 of 30
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@dalebb wrote:

I logged in today, and it's still giving me the Dec 5th score. I guess they don't update everyone's at the same time. I'm chomping at the bit because I pif'd some CCs and would like to see if my score went up.
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.