Reply
Contributor
Posts: 97
Registered: ‎06-28-2008
0

Re: Walmart FICO

Hi everyone! I'm new here and after reading on the different boards about the FICO score given by Walmart, I decided to try and apply. I applied online and was instantly approved for an $800 CL. I wanted to know when I would get my FICO score? I only applied so that I would get the monthly FICO score and now I'm excited to know.


Starting Score: ?
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 720


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,528
Registered: ‎01-19-2009
0

Re: Walmart FICO


qtcbcute wrote:
Hi everyone! I'm new here and after reading on the different boards about the FICO score given by Walmart, I decided to try and apply. I applied online and was instantly approved for an $800 CL. I wanted to know when I would get my FICO score? I only applied so that I would get the monthly FICO score and now I'm excited to know.


First you have to go online and request that feature, its free but I belive you have to have paperless billing

Contributor
Posts: 97
Registered: ‎06-28-2008
0

Re: Walmart FICO

Thanks for the info. I guess I have to wait for the card to arrive in the mail in order to do that.


Starting Score: ?
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 720


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
New Contributor
Posts: 54
Registered: ‎04-17-2009
0

Re: Walmart FICO

Oh good, it isn't just me. I had figured that it was some promotional thing that expired.

 

 

And just to clarify once again.. the score Walmart gives *IS* my actual real FICO score and not a FAKO score, correct? It says TransUnion, so I (and others) might be a little leery of what's what.

 

 

Creditkeeper 6/12
TU: 678
EQ: 665
EX: 673
Walmart FICO: 680 (6/12)
Established Contributor
Posts: 772
Registered: ‎01-03-2012
0

Re: Walmart FICO


SlabOfBacon wrote:

 

And just to clarify once again.. the score Walmart gives *IS* my actual real FICO score and not a FAKO score, correct? It says TransUnion, so I (and others) might be a little leery of what's what.

  


Yes, this is a real FICO score.  Transunion (08) version, and IMO, more useful than the one you can buy here.


Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,276
Registered: ‎09-22-2009
0

Re: Walmart FICO


SlabOfBacon wrote:

Oh good, it isn't just me. I had figured that it was some promotional thing that expired.

 

 

And just to clarify once again.. the score Walmart gives *IS* my actual real FICO score and not a FAKO score, correct? It says TransUnion, so I (and others) might be a little leery of what's what.

 

 


It is TU08 (a newer version) which is one of several FICO scores available.  The one you get here at MyFico is TU98, which no one really uses anymore.  TU04 is the most widely used, but I don't think this score is available for purchase anywhere.  

EQ FICO - EQ08 - 850 - 01/01/15
TU FICO - TU08 - 850 - 01/01/15
EX FICO - EX08 - 850 - 01/01/15
EX FICO - V2 - 840 - 01/01/15
EQ FICO - EQ04 - 818 - 01/01/15
EQ FICO - Bankcard Enhanced 8 - 885 - 1/24/15
Member
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎05-14-2012
0

Re: Walmart FICO

Just found this site today, and never realized this feature was available via my wmcc.  Just wanted to say thanks!

Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,096
Registered: ‎01-26-2012
0

Re: Walmart FICO

Tu08 which Walmart provides isn't used much as again not accurate for what most lenders using tu fico use, including Walmart. But at least it might gain in use.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 12,454
Registered: ‎12-30-2011
0

Re: Walmart FICO


Crashem wrote:
Tu08 which Walmart provides isn't used much as again not accurate for what most lenders using tu fico use, including Walmart. But at least it might gain in use.


More useful than TU98 in my opinion in terms of market utilization of the scores; also, just because Walmart has enough customer data to rely on their own consumer model, doesn't mean they don't use the score at all for underwriting.

 

Just living in Cali though in my case unless I try really hard, inquiries just don't hit my TU report with any regularity to make me justify tracking the score specifically beyond the report data which I can get through CK for free.  If I ever shopped there or if I move back to Texas then I'd probably consider it.

Starting Score: EQ 04 561, TU 98 567, EX 98 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 700, TU 04 731, EX 98 725 (05/24/15)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ 04 (01/01/16)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,096
Registered: ‎01-26-2012
0

Re: Walmart FICO

Revel I agree with you. Just cautioning that tu04 and tu08 scores can be significantly different. Walmart uses tu04 for approvals. Tu98 is worthless. It is hardly used and will only lose market share. Tu08 is not much used but at least might gain market share.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.