Reply
Regular Contributor
SE7EN57
Posts: 177
Registered: ‎12-08-2012
0

Walmart Fico Score?

I know this has been asked a zillion times but I just recieved my card in the mail today signed up for estatements and got my Fico score and it's 718 which completely took me by suprise. Is this a legit score? because here on myFico my TU score is only 671 as of 1/18/2013. I'm not complaining I'm actually just in shock seeing 700+ . A year ago my scores were low 500's. 

 

 

 

 photo d132202e-50dc-4d73-9df2-1f138f451209_zps8ca7acb4.jpg
Senior Contributor
john398
Posts: 3,521
Registered: ‎01-19-2009
0

Re: Walmart Fico Score?

Are you sure that doesnt say 817
Senior Contributor
john398
Posts: 3,521
Registered: ‎01-19-2009
0

Re: Walmart Fico Score?

opps never mind and not letting me edit my prev msg anyway, i see now where the meter points to 718 sorry
Established Contributor
rtw
Posts: 797
Registered: ‎05-01-2012
0

Re: Walmart Fico Score?

They are both FICO scores. My walmart TU is 728 and my TU FICO here is 674.


Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Senior Contributor
jsucool76
Posts: 3,606
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: Walmart Fico Score?

Walmart uses TU08, MyFico uses TU98 which is an older version (one that almost no lenders use). This would be the reason for the score difference. The two versions weigh things differently.

Hope this helps!
Moderator
09Lexie
Posts: 25,949
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: Walmart Fico Score?

[ Edited ]

My TU Walmart score for this month was 702 and the scores I received from lenders during my mini -app spree were 707.  So, I'm thinking the WalMart score is pretty accurate to lenders (Discover and Amex) based on my apps. 

 

YMMV

 

Edited: IPad' auto correct

Regular Contributor
SE7EN57
Posts: 177
Registered: ‎12-08-2012
0

Re: Walmart Fico Score?

Thanks for the quick replies everyone! I noticed when I apped and got denied for Barclays NFL card my TU matched the scores here on myFico in thje letter they sent which is why I'm a bit confused. 

 photo d132202e-50dc-4d73-9df2-1f138f451209_zps8ca7acb4.jpg
Valued Contributor
dodgerslv
Posts: 1,780
Registered: ‎06-16-2012
0

Re: Walmart Fico Score?


SE7EN57 wrote:

Thanks for the quick replies everyone! I noticed when I apped and got denied for Barclays NFL card my TU matched the scores here on myFico in thje letter they sent which is why I'm a bit confused. 


hmmm...Barclays then may still be using the TU98 version on their approval process (one of the few). Im actually surprised they denied u with that score, what were the reasons for the denial if you dont mind me asking?


Cards: (Citi x6) (Chase x5) (US Bank x3) (Amex x3) (Barclays x3) (BofA x3) (Cap1 x2) (WF x2) (Penfed x1) (Discover x1) (Sync/GE x4) (Macys x2)
Fico 08 scores (8/27/14) EX: 772 TU: 767 EQ: 778 (Utilization at 8% right now).





Established Contributor
masscredit
Posts: 754
Registered: ‎07-17-2012
0

Re: Walmart Fico Score?

How come there isn't a standard that all creditors go by instead of some using old versions, some using new and others using their own ways to calculate scores. It would make things a lot easier! 


|****$6000****|****$6000*****|****$4500*****|****$2500****|****$1600****|****$3000****|******$750******|*****$700*****|
EX - 657 (MyFico 10/02/14) TU - 655 (Walmart 10/10/14 ) EQ 04 - 699 (DCU -09/26/14) EQ 08 - 669 (MyFico -10/10/14)
Regular Contributor
SE7EN57
Posts: 177
Registered: ‎12-08-2012
0

Re: Walmart Fico Score?

[ Edited ]

dodgerslv wrote:

SE7EN57 wrote:

Thanks for the quick replies everyone! I noticed when I apped and got denied for Barclays NFL card my TU matched the scores here on myFico in thje letter they sent which is why I'm a bit confused. 


hmmm...Barclays then may still be using the TU98 version on their approval process (one of the few). Im actually surprised they denied u with that score, what were the reasons for the denial if you dont mind me asking?


Inquiries which were from car loan and short credit history which is 11 months were the reasons. I tried reconing twice and no luck. Both times they said they wanted to see more history and to reap in 8-12 months. 

 


masscredit wrote:

How come there isn't a standard that all creditors go by instead of some using old versions, some using new and others using their own ways to calculate scores. It would make things a lot easier! 

I agree 100%
 photo d132202e-50dc-4d73-9df2-1f138f451209_zps8ca7acb4.jpg

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}