cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Free TU FICO if Credit Freeze on TU?

tag
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Walmart Free TU FICO if Credit Freeze on TU?

Does anyone who currently receives the TU score from Walmart have a freeze on your TU report? I remember when originally trying to enroll for the free FICO it would not work because my report was frozen so I unfroze it. Now I am interested in putting the freeze back on but don't want to disrupt receiving my free TU fico Smiley Happy Anyone have experience with this?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Free TU FICO if Credit Freeze on TU?

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

Does anyone who currently receives the TU score from Walmart have a freeze on your TU report? I remember when originally trying to enroll for the free FICO it would not work because my report was frozen so I unfroze it. Now I am interested in putting the freeze back on but don't want to disrupt receiving my free TU fico Smiley Happy Anyone have experience with this?

I had the TrueCredit lock (which I understand to work the same as the freeze) on my report and Wal-Mart sent me an email telling me they couldn't update my FICO score until I removed it. I suspect you may have to remove the freeze temporarily, but would love others to chime in as well.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 2 of 3
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart Free TU FICO if Credit Freeze on TU?

Thanks, anyone else??

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.