Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart/GEMB showing more love

tag
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Walmart/GEMB showing more love

@Scope27 wrote:

If you havent had a CLI for a while try calling the 800 number on back of the card and request it that way.  I've heard of people having success doing that recently.  I believe its a SP also.

Did that four days ago.

Yes, it is only a SP, but the answer is still no.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can confirm that automatic CLI's from Walmart are SP's. I've gotten an increases from $600 to $1000 then from $1000 to $1200 and then to $1800 all within about 8 months by steadily paying down my balance with very light use. Now they're offering me the Walmart Discover card - not sure if I'll take them up on their offer yet since this is my second oldest card and switching it closes the old account.

Message 12 of 14
Scope27
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I can confirm that automatic CLI's from Walmart are SP's. I've gotten an increases from $600 to $1000 then from $1000 to $1200 and then to $1800 all within about 8 months by steadily paying down my balance with very light use. Now they're offering me the Walmart Discover card - not sure if I'll take them up on their offer yet since this is my second oldest card and switching it closes the old account.

Nice increases. Sucks that they close the account to PC but I'll gladly take the discover.  IIRC closing the account doesnt hurt age but you will surely take a hit for the new account.

tcbofade:

GEMB is a weird character.  I've been denied the Lowe's card but given an increase with this acct.  Even Home Depot (backed by Citi bank) extended credit to me and lowe's wont budge. 

Message 13 of 14
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Since they're showing so much love, I wonder if I should go ahead and apply now. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.