Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Gave Me 2 Cards...

tag
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Walmart Gave Me 2 Cards...

...or just leave it open.

What's the harm in having the second account sitting there?

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bichonmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I guess I should have kept my mouth shut. I got the second card with a different account number that matched the second TL reporting on my CR. I call in and they tell me they can't merge the credit lines but they can cancel one. I asked to speak with a supervisor. He was much more helpful and saw that there were two duplicate applications and only one hard INQ (the dead giveaway that they screwed up and I did not double app). But he said they couldn't merge the CLs because I was only approved for the original amount and that because it's a duplicate application in their system, he would be required to close one of the accounts.

So, my AAoA will get a small boost but my available credit will go down.

Closing an acct doesn't mean that it's not going to report to your CR. It could be reported as opened and closed, and will remain on your CR for 10 years. In which case, your AAoA will take a hit. You should ask them to remove the second TL from your CR entirely, since it was *their* error. That way your AAoA won't be dinged.

This is what I did. I told him that if he had to close the account, I requested that the entire TL be deleted because they made the error. He said he understood and that he could submit the request for deletion to the CRAs. This was the whole point of the call since I didn't just want to close it.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcbofade wrote:

Well, there wasn't any harm. I wanted to have the CLs combined into one fat limit. But this is what I get for being the squeaky wheel. After he noticed the duplicate, he told me that we was required to close one of them. I didn't have a choice.

Message 13 of 17
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Great move! I hadn't realized that from your post. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 14 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

Well, there wasn't any harm. I wanted to have the CLs combined into one fat limit. But this is what I get for being the squeaky wheel. After he noticed the duplicate, he told me that we was required to close one of them. I didn't have a choice.

Smiley Sad

That sucks!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I'm kinda pissed that I called in now. My AAoA barely took a hit and I lose the TL and my UTIL goes up. Smiley Sad

Message 16 of 17
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Walmart gave me 2 accounts as well.

I dont want 2 walmart cards.

Should I call?

Do nothing and let the second one just sit there?

A Discover Walmart would be nice

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.