Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Gives EX FICO..WOW..

tag
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

Walmart Gives EX FICO..WOW..

So as you guys know, I was recently approved for the discover walmart card. Today when I got my card in the mail I was eager to see if there were any changes on my TU score which I heard is mostly what they pull. To my surprise it was an Ex fico of 730 the same as Amex when they send me my card. Has this happened to anyone? When I did logged on and saw my free fico score it was TU and it was 737 came down from 745 ouchhhh darn inquiries. Im in the garden to looking to get those points back after 6 months. 

CURRENT SCORES: EX Fico (Amex) 730, TU Fico 745, EQ Fico 717

CURRENT CARDS: Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE 2K, Chase Sapphire 5K, Citi Thankyou Preferred 3.5K, Discover It 1.7K, Walmart Discover 1.6K, Capital One Platinum 1.5K

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Walmart Gives EX FICO..WOW..

Message 2 of 23
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Where did it say it was ex? Just because the scores are the same doesn't mean they're the same report.
Message 3 of 23
jsucool76
Super Contributor

My bad disregard my post. I didn't read the whole thing and thought you meant the free monthly fico was EX.

Message 4 of 23
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
So they pulled EX instead of TU for your cc?

yes lexie I'm guessing they did. The letter they send me with the card in the back said : your credit score: 730 Experian US, Date: 5-1-2013. Coming from a company that gives out a free fico score, I doubt they would send you a fako EX score. 

CURRENT CARDS: Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE 2K, Chase Sapphire 5K, Citi Thankyou Preferred 3.5K, Discover It 1.7K, Walmart Discover 1.6K, Capital One Platinum 1.5K

Message 5 of 23
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

gotchaSmiley Wink

Message 6 of 23
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

There have been posts that GE is starting to use EX for apps not just TU. what state are you in?
Message 7 of 23
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
There have been posts that GE is starting to use EX for apps not just TU. what state are you in?

New York

Message 8 of 23
myjourney
Super Contributor

@TwinGirls19 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

New York

I saw a post last night they pull EQ from Colo seems they are pulling from all over all of a suddenSmiley Sad

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 23
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Yep, I'm in Texas and Walmart pulled EX when I apped. It was a big surprise to me I was expecting TU...oops Smiley Wink

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.