Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Instant Approval

tag
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Walmart Instant Approval

It's been quite sometime since I've experienced the pleasure that comes with instant approvals.

I decided that after successful removals of most of my derogs by way of GWs over the past month or so, that I wanted to try for a walmart card so that I can take advantage of the TU score.  I have no plans to purchase a home until at least my repo falls off, which is not for 2 more years, and I only have 3 INQs on my CRs.

So i app'd wallyworld yesterday morning, and whammo. Instant Approval.  I'm not exactly sure how excited one can get with the approval of a walmart store card or the small $400 CL they issued, but the fact that I was even approved is a great sign as to how my files have come, just since Feb.

Today the inq hit my TU file AND my TU FICO (from here) score went up 16 pts to 680.  I'll take it!

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
2NE1
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart Instant Approval

congrats! now you're one step closer to getting a Discover CC! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and 2ne1 is correct.  I got a Walmart card and in 18 months they offered me an upgrade to a Walmart Discover card.  I cannot remember what my starting limit was, but it was definitely under 1000 (probably around 500) and next month my Walmart history is 2 years old and I have a Walmart Discover with 3500 CL. 

I would advise against carrying a balance on that card though, the high interest rate hurts.  I do take advantage of 0% offers when they come available and when I am carrying that balance I never use the card.  Not worth calling CS and debating on where to credit the payment over minimum.  Even though they claim that your entire payment over minimum goes to nonpromotional balance, it does not always work out like that.

Message 3 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

It's been quite sometime since I've experienced the pleasure that comes with instant approvals.

I decided that after successful removals of most of my derogs by way of GWs over the past month or so, that I wanted to try for a walmart card so that I can take advantage of the TU score.  I have no plans to purchase a home until at least my repo falls off, which is not for 2 more years, and I only have 3 INQs on my CRs.

So i app'd wallyworld yesterday morning, and whammo. Instant Approval.  I'm not exactly sure how excited one can get with the approval of a walmart store card or the small $400 CL they issued, but the fact that I was even approved is a great sign as to how my files have come, just since Feb.

Today the inq hit my TU file AND my TU FICO (from here) score went up 16 pts to 680.  I'll take it!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Repo-ed wrote:

Recon the CL. GE can give huge increases on recon.
Message 5 of 9
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

Recon the CL. GE can give huge increases on recon.

I have only one other GE card and it only has a $1500 CL. I wonder if I call and recon and bring that up, if they would be willing to match?

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would recon the new card first and then try to get the existing card CLI'd to match.
Message 7 of 9
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I would recon the new card first and then try to get the existing card CLI'd to match.

What is the length of time GE allows you to call in for CLIs?  Is it every 4 months?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Repo-ed wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What is the length of time GE allows you to call in for CLIs?  Is it every 4 months?

Yes every 4 months.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.