Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Limbo

tag
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Walmart Limbo

@MyLoFICO wrote:

Sounds like you left money on the table. Call back and ask for $15k. Trust us. 

Doesn't matter if he calls back and gets $15k, it's not going to get him any closer to the MC version.  Nothing short of the invitation or apping again with hopes of getting it the second time around is going to make it happen.  

Message 11 of 25
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

Sounds like you left money on the table. Call back and ask for $15k. Trust us. 

Doesn't matter if he calls back and gets $15k, it's not going to get him any closer to the MC version.  Nothing short of the invitation or apping again with hopes of getting it the second time around is going to make it happen.  

Yeah, I didn't think it would but I saw the PC to MC thing addressed earlier and missed that they asked again about it. My bad. I blame work for distracting me from playing on the internet. I'll have to speak to my boss about that. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have often wondered if there is a certain limit that you can get to on your store card that will trigger some type of PC to Mastercard. I feel like my TU score is high enough for the MC, but I don't want to app again. (I also don't want another hit to my AAoA, but I heard that they open a new tradeline for the mastercard so it may be a hit either way.) Does anyone know if getting limit to a certain amount would trigger a PC to Mastercard?

Message 13 of 25
ddemari
Super Contributor

There really isn't a way to or anything an upgrade to MC.
Have a TU of least 680 and hope to see the upgrade one day. Or go into the store and apply for the MC, you can have 2 cards. I got the mc online a few months ago and had closed out my store card. Better odds in the store for the mc but u never know what u will get unless your TU IS 720+
Message 14 of 25
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Since the MC is also through Sync I would imagine CS and usage would be a factor since they would then have to share in the profits with MC. Just a hunch though. 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 15 of 25
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@ddemari wrote:
There really isn't a way to or anything an upgrade to MC.

I just spoke to Evan in chat who said they periodically review the accounts for upgrades to MC. If you qualify you will get a message in the My Messages section of your online account. I imagine a letter if you have paper statements. 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 16 of 25
ddemari
Super Contributor

Its totally possible, I just meant there wasnt a way to contact them through channels or EO office or anything to get the upgrade. Just wait it out. 

Message 17 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ddemari wrote:

Its totally possible, I just meant there wasnt a way to contact them through channels or EO office or anything to get the upgrade. Just wait it out. 

Correct.  A MC upgrade is not something one can trigger by calling the CSRs, EO, Credit Solutions, Chat, walk upside down, perform magical acts, poke a voodoo doll, etc.

Accounts are periodically reviewed and there is no rhyme or reason on what determines the specific criteria - even by brand.  There are individuals who can qualify for an upgrade as early as 6-8 months and there are others who have waited 2+ years.  To Annipoo, the CL on a store card does not determine the upgrade eligibility (i.e. there are individuals with $10K CL on a store card and yet no MC upgrade). 

Message 18 of 25
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

Yeah I re-read your post and I see I read it the wrong way. But you are correct, no way to user initiate it. 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang. Oh well. I'll just wait and see if they offer someday. I don't need it. I would just like to have the MC version if possible. No biggie.
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.