Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart MC CLI denial help?

tag
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

Walmart MC CLI denial help?

Ever since I hit 10k on my Walmart MasterCards limit in 2015 they have been denying my increase requests. CreditSolutions and The Luv Button. The reason being I have the max limit the policy allows yet I have seen people on here with way higher limits. And my scores are in the high 700s. Any insight on this?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart MC CLI denial help?

Personally I haven't seen anyone with a higher limit than 10k on a Walmart MC...I've been in these forums for a year now I've only heard of 10k and under maybe that's the limit for Walmart.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I quit asking at 10k, I have no idea if they go higher.
Message 3 of 12
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I have only seen those with higher than 10k on the reg store cc not the MC , that may be in fact as high as you can go with that one
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't imagine someone wanting to use over 10k on a Walmart MC there are tons of other cards with better rewards/benefits if you're looking to spend it BT 10k even if it was at a Walmart I could name cards that would net you better rewards for that.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

Not about using over 10k. I have had this card technically since June 2014 before the upgrade in 10/2015. Regardless of it's lacking rewards and apr it's still a special card to me because it was one of my first when I turned 18.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand, if you want a higher CL you'll have to downgrade it back to the store card (not sure if that's allowed but that would be how to get over 10k). Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Big Al....

SO..just to let you know, synchrony is primarily TU score based with respect to its cli's....but also they look at your overall portfolio. In averaging all your credit lines (excluding retail and credit union cards) you have a mean number somewhat around to less than what you have with Walmart. This is where your "ceiling is coming in, especially with the walmart MC. They can be very conservative at times...so...just take a breather and work on your overall credit portfolio...and as your mean credit line rises...so will walmart. By the way, as I've been told by creddit solutions (several times but hey, who really knows) the highet line available without pof is 25K.....which is high enough for me....no poking the bear....no blue envelope....Smiley Happy

Be well..hang in there Smiley Happy

Gregg

Message 8 of 12
elim
Senior Contributor

You have a 25k Lowes card also, You may be at your max internal limit with Synch.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

yup....

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.