Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart MC restricted??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart MC restricted??

I don't use my Walmart MC through Synchrony very often, but went to charge something today and had it declined. I tried to log into my account online, and got a message that the account could not be accessed and I needed to call customer service.

Which I did, only to be told the account was restricted and they could not tell me anything about it until I mail them documentation of my identity. What the crap is going on?! I just logged in the account a couple weeks ago to check my credit score and there was nothing amiss.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart MC restricted??

just mail or fax the required docs, shouldn't take long.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear. Perhaps not using the card very often and then suddenly using it triggered a fraud flag or some type of system alogorithm.

I know it's frustrating, but it's for your protection. Send them the requested documents and I'm sure your card will be good to go again in no time at all. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long have you had the card?

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Almost a year, I got it June of last year. I have a small $5 recurring subscription that gets charged to it, which I always pay, so it's not totally inactive. I'm concerned someone got ahold of my info and it's on lockdown because of fraud...I don't know, I've never had this happen. It seems really weird that they suddenly need to verify my identity.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Almost a year, I got it June of last year. I have a small $5 recurring subscription that gets charged to it, which I always pay, so it's not totally inactive. I'm concerned someone got ahold of my info and it's on lockdown because of fraud...I don't know, I've never had this happen. It seems really weird that they suddenly need to verify my identity.

I think it's pretty strange too considering you've had the card almost a year and use it every month (i.e. subscription). Have you pulled your credit reports to make sure everything looks ok? Have you moved or anything recently?

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, we did just move--we bought a house, actually, so I've seen my credit reports recently and nothing was amiss.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, we did just move--we bought a house, actually, so I've seen my credit reports recently and nothing was amiss.

It could be the new address then that caused this. Hopefully they didn't mail the doc request letter to your old address.

Message 8 of 18
fedxboy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't use my Walmart MC through Synchrony very often, but went to charge something today and had it declined. I tried to log into my account online, and got a message that the account could not be accessed and I needed to call customer service.

Which I did, only to be told the account was restricted and they could not tell me anything about it until I mail them documentation of my identity. What the crap is going on?! I just logged in the account a couple weeks ago to check my credit score and there was nothing amiss.

The same thing happened to me with the BP Visa.  I haven't used it in 6 months and they sent me a flyer in the mail for the month of April to get double the rewards.  So, I started using the card around the 21st of April, after the statement already cut with a $0 balance.  By the 6th or 7th day, I got declined and then couldn't access my online account either.  I called the 800# and the agent sends a code to my phone to verify it's me and then releases the restriction. 

Then 2 days later, I go use the card and it's declined again, the day before the promotion ends.  I also noticed they then reported my running balance of $133 to the credit bureaus on the 28th of April.  I had to call the # again for them to send another code to my phone!!   I wasn't happy!   I was able to use the card again on the last day of April and also the last day of the promotion -- ughSmiley Mad

At least I didn't have to mail anything in, I would of been livid.  

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately she said it went to my old address. I did put in a mail forwarding request, though, and she also gave me the address to send the documentation to. I wish there was a way I could fax it, I hate waiting to know what the heck is going on!

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.