Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart MC...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart MC...

Hello,

I recently received an offer from Walmart SC upgrade to Walmart MC; however, thanks to my fico members advice, I decided not to accept the offer. But I don't have the number to call and cancel the offer. I tried on Walmart CC helpline but didn't work. If anyone can share the phone no to decline the offer, I will be grateful. Thank you.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart MC...

What's your reasoning for declining the offer just out of curiously I currently have the store card but am hoping to swap to the MC just because I never (maybe twice a year shop at Walmart.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
What's your reasoning for declining the offer just out of curiously I currently have the store card but am hoping to swap to the MC just because I never (maybe twice a year shop at Walmart.

Before they offered me MC, I was looking forward to getting it. But I am pretty naive in matters related to CCs. So I asked for a suggestion from myfico members. And I came to know that accepting the offer will report a new TL to CB which will decrease AAoA. I already have Discover, Chase Freedom, Citi rewards MC, BoA & Amazon prime card, so in presence of these cards, I don't think I will be using Walmart MC. Moreover, Walmart SC has $10K limit which I don't know will be carried on to MC. I don't want it to affect my AAoA and credit score. That's the reason I decided to decline the offer. 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Before they offered me MC, I was looking forward to getting it. But I am pretty naive in matters related to CCs. So I asked for a suggestion from myfico members. And I came to know that accepting the offer will report a new TL to CB which will decrease AAoA. I already have Discover, Chase Freedom, Citi rewards MC, BoA & Amazon prime card, so in presence of these cards, I don't think I will be using Walmart MC. Moreover, Walmart SC has $10K limit which I don't know will be carried on to MC. I don't want it to affect my AAoA and credit score. That's the reason I decided to decline the offer. 

^this^ - this particular upgrade results in a new tradeline, rather than simply converting the existing one.  Which can mess up Chase 5/24 and a host of other things.

Message 4 of 11
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

^this^ - this particular upgrade results in a new tradeline, rather than simply converting the existing one.  Which can mess up Chase 5/24 and a host of other things.

And you are getting the same rewards/financing with the store card (I won't even consider the 1% Walmart rewards on gen spend, yuk). If I am going to take the new account hit, I think I would like a better TL  For instance BOA Cash is 2% at my walmart and 3% at my corner stores and gas stations. Those rewards spend just fine at wally world. But the MC may work for some while rebuilding (BOA wouldn't touch me for a couple years).

Sorry OP, I can't find the number   :[

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't need to respond. Just tear it up. They'll figure out that you said no. It's not a competitive card anyway. Amex gives 3% cash back at grocery stores - and if you go to Neighborhood Market Walmart - you'll earn more with Amex than with Walmart's own card! 6% if you Amex Blue Preferred. 

However - The Walmart MC *could* be worthwhile for a couple of reasons. 

1. Free TU Fico 8 score. 
2. Synchrony does soft pull CLIs. Every 30 days, click on the button asking for a CLI. Sometimes approved, sometimes not. If not, call them and ask them to reconsider. You can google search the underwriter #. 
3. My Walmart MC...I opened Feb 15, 2016. They gave me a lousy $1200 limit. Now it's $10k limit  (1200--> 4k -->8k -->10k) I ask them every 60-90 days or so. 

It really isn't that great of a card as far as rewards go, but their soft pull CLI's can help your utilization if you've got a tendency to carry a balance. 

Message 6 of 11
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

The number is 1-866-830-3615. Deadline to decline is March 10th, if you don't they automatically upgrade you. Your Walmart account information and balance will transfer over. Directly from hubby's invitation.
Message 7 of 11
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

And you still get 3% on Walmart.com, 2% at Murphy's gas/Walmart fuel and 1% at Walmart and Sam's Club.
Message 8 of 11
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

However - The Walmart MC *could* be worthwhile for a couple of reasons. 

1. Free TU Fico 8 score. 
2. Synchrony does soft pull CLIs. Every 30 days, click on the button asking for a CLI. Sometimes approved, sometimes not. If not, call them and ask them to reconsider. You can google search the underwriter #. 
3. My Walmart MC...I opened Feb 15, 2016. They gave me a lousy $1200 limit. Now it's $10k limit  (1200--> 4k -->8k -->10k) I ask them every 60-90 days or so. 

It really isn't that great of a card as far as rewards go, but their soft pull CLI's can help your utilization if you've got a tendency to carry a balance. 

1 and 2 are true of the regular store version. And people's regular store version have hit $10k too. If your profile supports it, Synchrony will give it.  It *seems* like 680+ gets you ~$6,000 and into the 700s gets you $10k with Synch.

I wanted a conversion of Target and WM too at first OP but now I don't see the point. There are no rewards or benefits that differ from the store versions. And I would just use my QS1 for 1.5% cash back on purchases outside of WM/Target.

One thing I wasn't aware of, you can use your WM card in-store at Sam's. I shop there a few times a month and always get my gas there. So that's helpful that I can be earning more rewards than I realized on that card. 

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you "rmduhon, appreciate it.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.